This topic will be used to discuss how to progress with Teletype integration with 3 new modes in W/ 2.0 firmware.
Firmware is here but before updating please make backup of your scenes in teletype as there will be bugs: Built on 2021-03-14 20:00 UTC
teletype.zip (317.1 KB)
- Added OPs definitions to manual and cheatsheet (descriptions lifted from lua files in crow repo) - Added possibility to retrieve values from W/2.0 through i2c
- Updated operator names to more verbose ones - W/T.TIME and W/T.SEEK will now accept two arguments
Working branch is here: GitHub - kfirmanty/teletype at w/2.0-cleanup - feel free to create PRs.
Here are Crow i2c files made by Galapagoose PR for W/ 2.0 integration on which I have based the teletype ones:
List of operators (names are temporary and I will add arguments to delay and tape ops today/tomorrow):
W/D.FBK amount W/D.MIX mix W/D.LPASS cutoff W/D.FREEZE is_active W/D.TIME seconds W/D.LNG count divisions W/D.POS count divisions W/D.CUT count divisions W/D.FREQ.RNG range W/D.RATE multiplier W/D.FREQ freq W/D.CLK W/D.CLK.RATIO multiplier div W/D.PLUCK volume W/D.MOD.RATE rate W/D.MOD.AMT amount
W/T.REC active W/T.PLAY playback W/T.REV W/T.SPEED numerator denomenator W/T.FREQ frequency W/T.PRE.LVL gain W/T.MONITOR.LVL gain W/T.REC.LVL gain W/T.HEAD.ORDER previous W/T.LOOP.START W/T.LOOP.END W/T.LOOP.ACTIVE active W/T.LOOP.SCALE scale W/T.LOOP.NEXT direction W/T.TIME seconds subseconds W/T.SEEK seconds subseconds
W/S.PITCH voice pitch W/S.VEL voice velocity W/S.VOX voice pitch velocity W/S.NOTE pitch velocity W/S.AR.MODE ar_mode W/S.LPG.TIME lpg_time W/S.LPG.SYM lpg_symmetry W/S.CURVE curve W/S.RAMP ramp W/S.FM.INDEX fm_index W/S.FM.RATIO fm_numerator fm_denomenator W/S.FM.ENV fm_envelope_amt W/S.PATCH jack param W/S.VOICES voices
What needs to be done:
- way to retrieve values - right now it is only possible to send commands to W/
- better names - right now they might not be easily understandable for users - maybe there could be more verbose ones and aliases for the short hand ones?
- add second argument to time and seek operators for tape
Feel free to raise any bugs, things not working as expected etc. I should have some time to work on it next weekend. And if anyone would also like to work on it feel free to do so.