> teletype : code exchange

llllllll

Question :
Is it possible to build a quantizer ? Write a scale in a pattern, have incoming CVs rounded to those values ?

i’ve been thinking of a good way to do this-- will let you know when i come up with something.

@tehn That’s what my long rambling semi-drunk post above is banging on about. Looking forward to what you’ve got cooking.

I think this would be essential to the module. Generate numbers, force them to scale.
@ether : very interested in your post. Let’s see what Tehn comes with.

yes indeed, your idea is interesting. but i’m trying to come up with a method with existing operators prior to designing new ones.

" Turing Machine " like script attempt. I used M.U. Peaks ENV mode as a manual gate generator. Turning the gate ON randomly changes the sequence at the playhead position ( rhythm and notes ).

IN 1 => Tempo Subdivision
TR A => IN 2 and Trig enveloppe ( with a stackable )
TR B => IN 3
CV 1 => Pitch

M:
M.ACT 1
M 10
X RSH IN 10

I:
TR.TIME 1 50
Y 0
CV.SLEW 1 0

1:
P.N 0
P.NEXT
IF GT X 8 : P.HERE TOSS
IF EQ P.HERE 1 : TR.PULSE A
Y ADD Y 1
IF EQ Y 16 : TR.PULSE B

2:
P.N 1
P.NEXT
IF GT X 8 : P.HERE RAND 12
CV 1 N P.HERE

3:
P.N 1
P.I 0
Y 0

Ok so now i would like to avoid using a stackable or integrate page 3 within the previous ones ( a tried a lot of things… ).

Also i’m asking myself if it is possible to send a command simultaneously to the all the 4 patterns ( or 2 ). Something like:

P.N 0, P.N 1 : P.I 0

Best representative threads

I’ve been thinking about this as well, where setting pattern banks and indices can use up valuable lines of the “I” script:

P.N 0
P.I 15
P.N 1
P.I 15

Is there a way to put this into one line with the PN command (or one line per pattern/index)? It seems that the PN command is designed only for changing the index value rather than setting the index position, but maybe I’m overlooking something.

Also, hi, I’m new here.

welcome!!

i’ve been thinking about a new pattern command set, PA or “pattern all” so you could update the index all at once:

PA.I 15

or end, start, length. next and prev could work but wouldn’t return anything, etc.

a “pattern all” command set would be extremely convenient

and thanks for the welcome, these teletype threads are an incredible resource- so many thoughtful ideas!

And is it possible to do the same thing in order to modify all the SLEWs and TR.TIME at the same time ?

You can use the L (loop) command to do this:

L A D : TR.TIME I 100

Where 100 is the TR.TIME for all channels. When using the Loop command the I variable is iterated through A-D (ie 1 to 4) and used to sequentially affect all channels.

Similarly for setting all CV.SLEW to 500:

L 1 4 : CV.SLEW I 500

i guess you could use the same thing to address all patterns at the same time too.

L 1 4 : P.N I … well, no, you can’t !

You’ll need the PN operator not the P.N which would just change the ‘active’ pattern quickly 1 through 4:

L 1 4 : PN I (index) (set value)

Or you could expand this to send all 4 patterns (of N numbers) to all CV outputs:

L 1 4 : CV I N PN I (index)

L 1 4 : PN I (index) (set value)

this sets the value of the index for each pattern, but it wouldn’t set the index position, which a “pattern all” command would be able to address

sorry if this is a stupid question but can you save all teletype presets to usb ?

not presently but it is in the feature update list

This would be terrific ! any idea when we can expect the upgrade ? What’s needed for the upgrade, the weird double usb cable as for WW ?

today i became a member of the teletype club. so fun!

my first scene is a clock divider / octave accompaniment thingy.

input: looping melodic cv and gate sequence

output: clock divided pulses (param knob to adjust value from 1-8) and a melodic cv accompaniment that tracks the input and randomly offsets through 4 octaves. you also get a synced random voltage on cv 2 (i’m using this to modulate a wave-folder).

1:
M DIV T ADD 1 X
T TIME
TIME 0
X DIV PARAM 2048

M:
TR.PULSE A
CV 1 QT IN N 1
CV.OFF 1 V RRAND 0 3
CV 2 V RAND 10

question:

1. is there a known method to lock this thing into phase?

as i learn teletype, and search around for ideas and techniques, i feel that one long forum thread for code exchange may not be the best way to organize our collective efforts.

one idea is to create a “teletype” discussion category on lines - one topic per teletype scene, keeping conversations focused on the sharing, development, troubleshooting, etc of that particular scene.

thoughts?

I’m definitely in favor. It’s a bit unwieldy to have to search through all the replies in this thread in order to find a specific scene of interest.