> teletype : code exchange

llllllll

nice! how’s it sound though?

mutated this bit of code and tried it out this morning
excellent

next step is taking advantage of the fact that it fits into one script and creating two (or more) independent cycles

my code is :

I.
Y 4
TR.TIME A 50
TR.TIME B 50

P.N 0
P.L 0
L 1 X : P.INS 0 0
L 1 Y : P.INS RAND P.L 1
SCRIPT 2

P.N 1
P.L 1
L 1 X : P.INS 0 0
L 1 Y : P.INS RAND P.L 1

P.N 0
P.NEXT
IF P.HERE : TR.PULSE A
P.N 1
P.NEXT
IF P.HERE : TR.PULSE B

Where script 1 creates a new pattern. Script 3 is externally clocked.

Amazing. A Turing machine without the hassle of soldering.
You can also add the pulses expansion with something like

P.N 0
Y P I
IF Y : TR.PULSE A

as a second script. Then you can continue to add dividers to the rest of the scripts.
I think I need to add a trigger mult next to my teletype. Or is there another solution to trig multiple scripts by a single trig pulse?

You can use the SCRIPT operator to trigger a script.

for me the very interesting part is also to change the values of X and Y so you get different trigger densities!!

Okay, I hate being the newb who pops in and asks an, inevitably, stupid question…BUT i’m gonna do just that.

Essentially, I have MEADOWPHYSICS creating an interlinked trigger sequence of toggles and trigs and so on.

I am now plugging this into TELETYPE and I’m trying to have A mirror this input.

TR.PULSE has the problem of having a set length so it’s not sustaining. But TR.TOG seems to miss many of the signals coming from MEADOWPHYSICS.

I was wondering if I had to use NZ or such but I am drawing a blank on how I’d actually go about this.

If you have the sequence plugged into a trigger input (as I’m guessing you do). The issue may be that a TT input trigger only executes a script on the low to high edge of a trigger. This could potentially explain some of the lost or mistranslated sequence as the other edge of the toggle or trigger is getting ignored

I couldn’t find a clock divider in this thread so I’ll post my simple one:

X ADD X 1
IF EQ MOD X 1 0 : TR.PULSE A
IF EQ MOD X 2 0 : TR.PULSE B
IF EQ MOD X 3 0 : TR.PULSE C
IF EQ MOD X 4 0 : TR.PULSE D
IF GT X 11 : X 0

or for some more variation:

X ADD X 1
IF EQ MOD X 2 0 : TR.PULSE A
IF EQ MOD X 3 0 : TR.PULSE B
IF EQ MOD X 4 0 : TR.PULSE C
IF EQ MOD X 5 0 : TR.PULSE D
IF GT X 59 : X 0

This is great. You could shorten the lines by using EZ (equals zero) instead of EQ with 0 at the end.

Another trigger input could do the X 0 as a ‘reset’ function though you’ll need to put the X ADD X 1 at the end of the script (before IF GT..) so that you’ll get output on the next trigger received.

Thanks for the tips about EZ. That will make the code more readable.

You’re right about the external reset. I have been burned before when I was having some long running polyrhythmic sequences without a reset. It was impossible to recreate the groove I was so happy with. It’s much better if you throw in some resets so it gets more deterministic.

I just got aware that the triggers/scrips are evaluated in series with 1 running before 2 and so on…
So if you want to have a “true” reSET it have to be on a trigger with a lower number.
Is there a way to copy/cut a whole script?
I also realized I need some time shifting offset, I don’t want everything to fire off at start…

@barksten

Is there a way to copy/cut a whole script?

not yet, but this has been discussed recently and it’s on the todo list…

see: Teletype v2 proposals

I’ve made a skeleton for a rené style sequencer pretty easy:

1. Fill a pattern with semi-tones (4 row, 4 columns)
  2. Trigger #1 pulses A and advances variable x (and reset to zero at end)
  3. Trigger #2 pulses B advances variable y (and reset to zero at end)
  4. Trigger #1 also reads pattern value at x and store in z
  5. Trigger #2 does the same but after setting active pattern to y
  6. Both #1 and #2 calls script 8 at the end
  7. #8 pulses D and CV 1 N z

You can of course use more than 4 rows…
Pretty fun to play jazzy walking bass with walk’s momentary footswitches connected to #1 and #2.

could you share the scene?

I don’t have access to it right now but it’s just like the description. I will continue evolving it and post the code then.

I need some help with a teletype script. The patch goes like this:
I have a gate signal (from one of Just friends outputs but that doesn’t really matter). It’s patched thru Cold mac crease so I get two triggers, one on note down and one on note release. Those triggers are patched into teletype 1.
Now to the script:
I want to ramp a CV to control vibrato. On every second it should reset to 0 (on “key up”). In other words I need some kind of flip/flop variable to check if it’s 1 or 0. I have tried to use the magical ‘O’ variable that auto-increments and reset it but since it’s incrementing before returning the value it gets messy.

Anyone have some simple code to share that will solve my problem.
It should alternate execution of CV 1 V 5 and CV.SET 1 V 0

did you see the FLIP variable? an then multiply with your cv value

No I didn’t. Thanks for the tip. It’s the second time I miss one of the new 1.1 commands. Is there an updated command reference PDF somewhere?