> teletype : code exchange

llllllll

1.1 addendum at the bottom of this:

http://monome.org/docs/modular/teletype/

hiyo!
i’m wondering if anyone here has had success with TT as a clock multiplier. and if so, would you be so kind as to share your approach?

EDIT - nm just found this in another thread:

Teletype script log’r

This is a web page where you can enter scripts and notes/comments, then save or print them. I recommend choosing the ‘save as pdf’ option in your browser.

http://carvingcode.com/monome/tt

Let me know any suggestions to make it more useful.

Randy

this is sweet! I feel like i often just type these into an indesign doc, but this seems much more convenient and could likely run on an ipad

at first glance it doesn’t look as though there is a character limit per line, I think that would be helpful to mimic the constraints of the device so one doesn’t get any crazy plans which can’t be achieved on the device

another quick thought is if there were a way to copy a group of commands or a whole script as a unit and not individually, i know this is something the unit can’t do (yet, pretty sure this has been requested, and would be a well loved feature), but for thinking through and quickly expanding ideas I think it would be nice to have

thanks for this!

What are the per line max character limits? I can add that.

Re: copying multiple lines - could add some JavaScript magic to accomplish this. Would ability to copy an entire script, i.e.: M, I, 1, … , be sufficient?

strangely

this reminds me of a question i’ve been meaning to ask: does anybody focus primarily on LIVE mode?

yea copying a script seems like it would be sufficient

I think it’s 30 characters per line, but will check on my device this evening

hello, i have some super newbie Questions.
How does one access the M screen?
I have an M icon on the Teletype, and M.ACt 1 will illuminate it but scrolling through the pages does not seem to land me on an M screen.

I am starting my teletype study this weekend, and i am just trying to get comfy with the constraints of this

Thank you

Patrick

the bracket keys will rotate you through scripts 1-8 and i and m (init and metro) in a round cycle. just keep hitting the bracket keys (be sure you’re in script mode, hit tab)

found it. feeling silly, wasn’t in script mode.

Back to watching the Teletype studies :slight_smile:

This is really great, did this format catch on?
LOVE IT!

Y AVG Y SUB TIME X
X TIME
CV.SLEW 1 DIV Y 2
CV.1 PARAM
DEL DIV Y 2 : CV 1 0
DEL DIV Y 2 : TR.PULSE 1

So I had been trying to keep myself from getting a Batumi by programming my own - and I pretty much figured it out. The key was realizing I don’t have to reset TIME every time I reset an LFO, so that I can have 4 (with ansible… 8?!) LFOs going at once, at different rates. All triangle waves right now - I’m hoping to switch PARAM to change the wave shape - any ideas?

Also I’m thinking of not averaging the last two triggers to save on variables (so I can add 4 more for Ansible) since that will also free up a line to make more complicated shapes.

What would you guys add? How should I make use of IN or the Ansible inputs?

Teletype : LFOs

But… Batumi frees up Teletype for other duties… :sunglasses:

Haha, resistance is futile…
I’ve been trying to develop several simple utility scenes for Teletype to use when I’m improvising with my band (and don’t have the keyboard plugged in).
Right now it’s just a quad LFO scene and a sample-and-hold / random gate length scene. I should post the code for the latter sometime this week

Ooh could you indeed post? I was messing with your LFO script from a different thread last night. No innovations on my end, I was just trying (unsuccessfully) to program an envelope and stumbled on your lfo. Would be cool to take a peek at your scripts.

Where are we at in terms of finding ways to quantize TT’s cv in to a major/minor scale? I saw people mentioning that in different threads around the forum, but it doesn’t seem like anyone has cracked it yet. Or have they?

my quantize technique consists of entering scales into tracker patterns while setting cv outs to read from said patterns. modulations (either internal or external via PARAM or IN) then move the tracker playhead around.

learned this approach from teletype studies #7, in the section titled tuning patterns

script: RANDOM SEAS

for fellow earthsea folks, launch a random pattern via param knob. could easily be modified to accept incoming trigs. but:

this isn’t quite working, as i can’t make the knob factor into it. ideally, at any time if you twist the knob all the way left, playback stops. twist it all the way right, or over a certain non-zero threshold, and a random pattern (1 of 4) plays.

RANDOM SEAS

1:
X GT PARAM 1000
Y RRAND 1 4
IF X : II ES.PATTERN Y
II ES.RESET 1
ELSE : II ES.STOP 1

. . . any ideas you have on getting the knob to work would be most welcome! right now the script works in live mode, minus the if/else bits. this is my first script; i’ve only had earthsea for a day.

what about

X NZ PARAM

doesn’t make any difference. the param knob seems to be entirely ignored.