> teletype: grid # code exchange

forgive my ignorance here but how do i perform this?

Topic: Little Companion

I have coded a scene for wanderers. In attached zip please find a manual, a code explanation and two versions of the scene (one for internal sequencing which is the main and one for external triggering only). Feel free to try it!
Little Companion_1.00.zip (6.0 MB)

Did a short demo video for a fast overview.

Loose ideas to think about to implement:

1. Currently its a 2D+ X/Y-Sequencer. Would it be possible to increase to 3D+ X/Y/Z-Sequencer with this left empty $5 and some mods?
  2. “spacetime curvature” possible then in a sequencer cube?
6 Likes

great documentation, and looks very interesting! for more context, it’s a “CV Controllable / Feedback Matrix Sequencer” inspired by make noise rene.

added it to the codex page!

1 Like

This looks really fun, and I’ll second the great documentation comment! Looking forward to trying it out.

2 Likes

Thanks Joe for your support!

@scanner_darkly is there an issue with loading pattern numbers? With fugetta_transp.txt every function works as it should but only the amounts for the note scaling are loaded wrong. I never mind. But if this is an general issue it should be investigated. Neg. values were translated from note values to absolute numbers. Running v3.2.

2 Likes

just saw this (best to make a new post, otherwise it doesn’t show new notification) - could you elaborate what the issue is?

Sorry couldn‘t open a new post, as the system limiting that only 2 posts in a row can be from the same user. :hugs: Please compare both pics: All negative values are translated to positive „absolute“ amounts. -12 to 3060 for example. I think I‘ve read about this bad behavior already in another thread as well.

this does ring a bell… so this happens when you save to USB?

So far I did recognize it only if I load a file into teletype. The other way back I did not tested.

so in the scene text it’s negative values but after loading from USB it’s positive?

Correct! So scene text -12 will be 3060 in the teletype for example.

ok i’ll do some testing.

[for future bugs let’s use Teletype 3.2+ feature requests and discussions instead]

1 Like

indeed an old bug: https://github.com/monome/teletype/issues/172
i’ll post in this thread when i have a fix for it.

1 Like

Topic: Loading St8p
If anyone have troubles with loading this scene fully working into teletype, simply remove in script 8 at first line (G.GRP Y; A MUL Y 8;) the last semicolon or add a space. As there is no space directly after it, the complete line will be missed while loading into teletype (3.2).

2 Likes

Topic: 4-track, 16-step trigger/CV sequencer (v3.2)
I already corrected line L 0 3: TR.TIME I 10 to L 1 4: …
Don`t understand the usage exactly. In principle I understood what it should do. Example: Push and hold a button in top row. Adjust a row beneath the CV-amount what should be outputted on CV 1 at this step. Put a clock trigger into TR 1. It should run through all 16 steps and change the CV 1 amount on the one step you have adjusted. Instead it seems that the loop length is fixed to 1. With the two button technic as described from @andrus to change the length of the track it seems that I can only change the one single step which is constantly cycling. Perhaps someone would be so kind to post a short video to understand the two button technic.

without parsing the scene - you should be able to press a key, hold it, then press another key.

that scene was likely done before G.GBTN.C and G.GBTN.X1 etc ops were added - these ops make it easier to detect and use multiple presses.

1 Like

Will try it again tomorrow, but it seemed that it didn`t worked for me correct. Thank you for your hints G.GBTN.C and G.GBTN.X1. G.GBTN.C already did a very helpful job for me :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Topic: morphing faders scene - added LIVE POSITION RECORDER
morphing faders with live position recorder.txt (2.6 KB)

A great scene by @scanner_darkly which shows teletype and grid potential very much. My add-on was at first inspired from the module Catalyst (https://vimeo.com/314062041). As there is some space left in the original morphing faders code I thought it could be possible to add a recorder for the morphing. I realized that it needs also to integrate the Telexi. As it is a fresh built and I only did some tests while programming yet, please let me know if there are any bugs or suggestions for improvements.

Getting started:

The original functions are - beside a changed cv slew control - the same.

TI 1: INTERNAL CLOCK RATE
TI 2: SLEW VALUE [@ TI 1]
TI 3: 0= STOP >0= PLAY
TI 4: 0= REC >0= STOP REC
>0.3= RESET
PARAM + IN: MORPH WHILE REC

IN:
TR 1: MORPHING [OSCILLATING]
TR 6: STEPS THROUGH RECORDING
OUT:
TR 1: CLOCK
@ EXT CLOCK TR IN 6:
TR 2: CLOCK DIVISION BY 2
@ REC:
TR 4: CLOCK

Turn all Telexi knobs to 9 o´clock. Best to use Teletype´s TR 1 out as a master clock source for recording. Switch to pattern mode to get visual feedback at pattern 2. Set the speed with TI 1. Turn TI 3 down to 0 to stop playback. Turn TI 4 to around 12 o´clock to reset 2nd patterns position to 0. Start loop recording by Turning TI 4 to 0. You can twiddle and record the morph position by turning PARAM knob. Adjust slew to your likes with TI 2. Stop recording and reset head to 0-position by turning TI 4 back to around 12 o´clock. Don`t forget to turn back TI 4 to 9 o´clock to release the reset. Turning TI 3 up will start playing your just recorded sequence.

You can also use the scene now as a simple 16-track collective sequencer.

Adding physics to the scene possible?

5 Likes

great mod! morphing faders is one of my favourite scenes.

1 Like