Teletype : re-creation of other modules?

i thought that a good exercise for learning teletype could be to try to reproduce some existing modules.

So i thought of a few challenges/ideas :

VC-controlled switch
Bernouli Gate (MI “Branches”)
Logic (A-166)
Clock dividers
S&H
Noise Generator
Decay envelope with the parameter knob controlling decay
René-like sequencer (based on a 16 steps pattern)
etc…?

I don’t have so much time these days but i thought i would drop the idea anyway.
For those that need to sample an input voltage, i don’t know how realistic it would be.

3 Likes

yes! part of the much-lagging teletype tutorial series will be learning commands through recreating particular functionality.

many of the modules you mention are very easily replicated with TT. though sometimes the use of TT to replicate these represents a bit of overkill-- ie, input logic. but it’s good to know you have the option, in a small rack for example.

tutorial framework is on my list today.

Can’t wait to have those tutorials !

Really looking forward to these too… I just ordered my teletype! Very excited :smiley:

This is a great idea and is exactly what I have been doing to try and learn Teletype. So far I’ve got a scene that mimics the BrainSeed, an ASR and an envelope with the knob controlling decay time. For the latter, can anyone describe a way to make the decay exponential? Currently I’m just using slew.
Anyway, I love this module and I hope to see future updates. I’m especially excited about the hinted at updates to the pattern view.

2 Likes

I used to have brainseed, such a cool module! I had no idea teletype could re -create stuff like this… It would be cool if you could share them on the teletype exchange thread… So myself and others could learn from them…

could you share the scenes that you’ve built?

Not sure the best way to do this but for now I’ll just type it in.
Here is my very basic ‘brain seed’ cv recorder. I’m sure there are better ways to accomplish this but I’m still learning!

TR IN 1: ADVANCES PATTERN
TR IN 8: TOGGLES WRITE
TR IN 7: TOGGLES FREEZE
TR OUT A:: GATE OUT
CV 1 OUT: TO OSC ETC
CV IN: FROM EXT SEQ ETC

SCRIPT i

Y 0
Z 1
P.N 0
P.L 16

SCRIPT 1

P.N 0
IF EQ X P.L : X 0
IF Y : P X IN
CV 1 P X
TR.PULSE A
IF Z : X ADD X 1

SCRIPT 7

Z EQ Z 0

SCRIPT 8

Y EQ Y 0

1 Like

Thanks for sharing… I will see if I can get this working!