Teletype Studies Part 3

i know it’s bad form to say this, but if anyone catches errors or typos please let me know and i’ll get them fixed!

also questions welcome, i can elaborate and expand sections.

2 Likes

Typo, I think.

“DRUNK 5
However, next to you read the value:”

to should be time, right?

fixed, thank you for reporting.

Just to clarify I understand MOD properly -

If X is less than Y then MOD X Y will always return X

Right?

correct! think of mod as the remainder of a division. so for X / Y, if X is less than Y, the remainder is always X

1 Like

just curious, but if you’re going the whole polish notation route, why not allow for more than 2 operands. I feel that one of the huge advantages of this notation is that operands are not strictly binary. I understand that you’d probably need to use parenthesis if the commands worked in this manner, but It might be a helluva lot less confusing to look at the commands if you’re forced to use parenthesis for compound expressions.

for instance:
ADD A B C (ADD X Y Z)

These are just my two cents, even though I don’t own a modular system… yet…

yes-- not a bad idea. but i wanted to keep it absolutely simple. with variable-argument operators parens would be required. but also-- i didn’t come up with frequent musical needs to variable-argument operators.

would be curious (beyond using TT as a calculator) if you think of many cases where this would be helpful.

yeah, i understand, it will make the expressions look a bit busy, but compound expressions have a tendency of doing that anyways.

@tehn just finished studying all of these. Excellent work! I like the pedagogical style.

1 Like

I don’t have a TT (or any euro stuff for that matter) but wanted to chime in to say how well done/organized/structured/conceived these are!

2 Likes

Typo: “Availalbe” in the Short Term Memory section.