Another Rapid Update
Done with QA on the TXi. Similar yield - I have only three reserve units in need of some TLC.
Testing went blazingly fast with the TXi - without sacrificing thoroughness. How? Scripting!!
To test, I connected two Teletypes together (and one TXo). I would connect the TXi to one TT and send triggers to the second, which would generate various voltages from the TXo (+/- 10) and then, after a short delay, throw triggers back to the first, which would cause the TXi to be read and the CV values compared to expected values. LEDs would light up on the first Teletype if the input passed or failed.
Crazy zippy. I spend more time plugging and unplugging the units than I did actually running the tests.
This is a point of massive relief. The build worked out. I didn't make any colossal mistakes which could have generated painful setbacks.
Wow. I'm over the moon at this point.
So - we are almost at shipping time. I have a few little tasks left to do, including assembling a bunch of iiBackpacks and iiBusboards, putting the boxes together, printing the inserts, doing the final pricing, orchestrating the shipping process, etc.
I'm going to go have a beer and crash now. A more detailed going-forward plan will follow.
TELEX HANDY LINKS
TELEX Microsite | Ordering Process Details
Crazy Verbose Status + Timeline | Printable Command Reference