Telex: Teletype expanders

Let the Boxing Begin!!!

Assembly Line:

First 10 Bundle Packs:

Yeahhhhhhh! Congratulations on such an accomplishment! I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing this blossom into finished pieces. Very excited to work with these bad boys! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication Brendon!

All TELEX boxed and ready for shipping:

Majority of the boxes are the TELEX bundle - a TXo and TXi. The pile is rounded out with TXo and TXi singles.

Good news is that the build yield was so good that everyone who reserved units will be able to get them. :slight_smile:

I’m on to making the bus boards now. Hopefully that will go quickly.

Then, I’ll post the shipping plans and schedule. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

TELEX HANDY LINKS
TELEX Microsite | Ordering Process Details
Crazy Verbose Status + Timeline | Printable Command Reference

Spectacular!
So close!

Amazing work, thanks for bringing us along for the ride. :slight_smile:

wow I’ve just got an er 301 and am looking at purchasing the arc & ansible combo and eventually adding a teletype these modules will come in handy then for sure!

Yahouuu ! That was a great story to read :slight_smile:

TELEX Shipping Details

The day is finally here for the TELEX modules to ship. It has taken a lot of work to get to this place and a sizable amount of patience from all of you. I can’t wait to get these things in your hands!

This post will detail how the process works, what you can expect and what you need to do if you reserved a unit.

Here are the key points:

• Initial ordering is limited to those who are on the reserve list.

• Shipments will be done in THREE batches. If your shipping details and subsequent payment arrive at least one day in advance of a shipping date, your unit will most likely be in that shipment.

• Shipment 1 departs LA on Saturday May 6th

• Shipment 2 departs LA on Monday May 15th

• Shipment 3 departs LA on Monday June 5th

• After shipment 3, reservations not claimed will be considered cancellations.

• If there are units left over due to cancellations, those will be made available after all active orders have shipped (at least June 5th). No wait list will be maintained for these units.

• Initial notifications will be sent via direct message on this forum with details on how to share shipping details. All other communications MUST be conducted using email. (The forum software makes it extremely difficult to manage multiple conversation threads. In order to keep things sane, another method is necessary.)

• The process for ordering will be as follows:

• Initial Notification sent to you via Lines private message.

• You follow an included link and fill out a Google form with your Lines Handle, Name, Email, and Mailing Address.

• You then receive an email indicating the total cost plus shipping and PayPal transaction fees.

• You send the funds via PayPal to the provided email address.

• Your modules get added to the next available shipping window.

• Your modules ship and you get a tracking number.

• Your modules arrive.

• Your Teletype gets new friends.

• Shipments will be sent using USPS Priority Mail. They will be packaged to fit the size of your order and thus will vary in price based on the number of units and destination.

• International shipments will be valued at the cost of your order and shipped using US customs declaration code: 9209.94.8000 (unless someone recommends a more accurate code).

• Pricing is a bit higher than my initial estimate due to the fact that I missed more than a few things in my earlier tally (including some key components, accessories and packaging materials). Final prices are as follows:

• TELEXo - $175

• TELEXi - $140

• iiBusboard / iiBackpack - $16

• Packaged with each unit is a set of screws, washers, address jumper, ii cable, and quick start guide / command reference.

• If you no longer need or want your TELEX, no worries. Just let me know via email or the Google form.

• Notifications should be going out over the next 36 hours.

FYI: I’ve hit a bottleneck in sending out the initial private messages. Apparently, you can only create a certain number of messages a day. As it is impossible to find older message threads between two people using just the icons - I’m just going to have to wait.

Sorry. It looks like it will take me a couple of days to get all of these messages out due to forum limitations. Grrrrr.

Do we have current consumption specs yet?

Apologies, I don’t yet. Haven’t taken a break from all of the assembly and, now, the boxing and shipping tasks. Also, still have a bunch of iiBackpacks to complete to keep pace with orders.

I purchased a couple of these to make a little doodad to do this for me:

I just need the time to put it all together. To be honest, I’m not sure when I’ll be able to get to it. I’ve a bunch of travel over the next month. I’m prioritizing all of the shipping tasks right now so that everyone can get their units ASAP. I have a feeling I won’t be able to do this until after all my shipping is complete.

Sorry. I’ll post here if I get a chance to do it earlier than expected. I’ll also update the ModularGrid pages as well. :slight_smile:

I can do it when mine arrive: I own a couple of pretty nice meters and have a test jig set up to measure module current consumption pretty easily.

I thought maybe some of the DIY people might have made measurements. :slight_smile:

brainstorming how i’m gonna use these :slight_smile:

Sent out a bunch more PM’s until I hit the limit again. The last few will go out late tomorrow night.

First few packages hit the post tomorrow, in advance of the Saturday date. When I’m in town, I’ll try to be as prompt as possible! :wink:

Need to finish making these iiBackpacks when the last of the headers arrive tomorrow…

You haven’t sent emails yet, correct? No rush, just want to make sure I filled out the form correctly

I’ve sent a few emails and boxed and shipped a few packages already. Everyone is being amazingly prompt - which is great and sincerely appreciated. That means that I have a lot to process … manually! :wink:

I’ve been off email soldering and soldering and soldering the final iiBackpacks together now that my stash of headers has arrived (I ran out mid-backpack run). I will be back at boxing, weighing, and sending out the next round of emails tomorrow.

Thanks!!!

got my package, xI, xO & backpack yesterday! everything looks great. will have to wait for weekend to break down the case(s) to make room…

fun times. such amazing work you’ve done here, a million thanks!

@bpcmusic i increased the direct message limit. you should be able to do all of them now.

I’m starting to think a little about scripting in anticipation of receiving mine. Are there any snippets that show off the new commands collected somewhere? Should we pick this up in the teletype code exchange thread or elsewhere?

SO Excited!

Got my two pairs today.

Brendon, this is obviously a labor of love by someone who also really knows what he’s doing. Your attention to detail is incredible, right down to the packaging. Now to get them working. :slight_smile:

(Any tips on updating the Teletype firmware from a Xubuntu 16.10 box? dfu-programmer claims it can’t find anything …) – nevermind, got this handled!!