Firmware Update Announcement
I posted a tiny, non-critical update to the TELEX firmware last night (v.017). It is only a small performance optimization for the TXi and adds no new features. Might only be worth bothering with if you have the units unracked or accessible for some reason. Up to you.
I identified a couple of things that I wanted to address while I was doing the QA on the latest batch of TELEX. When experimenting with a new QA TT script for the TXi, I realized that the resting zero frequency would read differently based on the direction and distance that you approached it from. This was a byproduct of using a lowpass filter to smooth out the analog inputs.
Here are the detailed release notes:
TELEX Firmware Release v.017
Release Date: 15 November 2017
Release URL: https://github.com/bpcmusic/telex/releases/tag/v.017
TELEXo (TXo) Changelog
- No Changes to the Firmware; just a few lines of commented-out debug code were put into the primary INO file.
TELEXi (TXi) Changelog
- Increased read resolution to 16 bits and then shift to 13 bits (the max useable on the Teensy) on read. Probably didn’t do anything meaningful - but I found a blog post where Paul Stoffregen recommended doing this over just setting the read resolution to 13 bits (which is what I was doing before). So, I made the change cuz that guy knows his Teensy!
- Removed the lowpass filter based input smoothing.
- Removed the collection of a windowed read buffer.
- Implemented the ResponsiveAnalogRead library with sleep disabled.
Things are still progressing well with the build. I’m going to reflash the firmware with these latest builds and then box them up. I also have a bunch of “iiBackback” busboards (my dumb name - sorry) to build. I’m almost done with the SMD portion and then I’ll be soldering on all of the @#$&!**@#&* headers.
I have a feeling we’re looking at a Cyber Monday store opening. Feels right…but, we’ll see.