Telex: Teletype expanders

Any chance of snagging any type of expander somehow?

The store still has some TXi but the TXo available on the store are sold out for this run (though contacting bpcmusic is probably better to have a definite answer on that).

The TXi are now also sold out for this run. We had a lot more TXi than TXo, so it isn’t surprising that they went a little slower.

I still have a bunch of the bus boards available - though I might zero out the inventory at the end of the week so that folks don’t order and expect me to ship while I’m away on business.

Ok. Here are some details for those that missed out.

I have a small amount of TXo and TXi that will appear in the store in a few weeks. These are the backup/reserve units that I’d mentioned before. They have an oddball purple back board (from OSH Park) as opposed to the white boards of all of the other TELEX (save my prototypes). They are functionally identical with all the same parts.

I’ll release them once all of the shipments have landed and people have had a chance to validate that everything arrived safely. I’m assuming they will disappear as soon as I put them up as I have a list of interested parties that is longer than my TXo count.

As for future runs - I’ll come clean. After a few glasses of wine when I’d boxed the last of this run, I got a little melancholy. When I woke up in the morning, there was wine on my keyboard and notices in my inbox that there were now orders for a run of TXo PCBs and Panels. I’m wondering if my computer got hit by the 2AM worm?!

I’m not 100% certain what I’m going to do with them - but I guess the ball is rolling for whatever comes next. Damn you 2AM Worm!!!

To be fair, whatever happens won’t happen for many, many months. This guy needs a break. :slight_smile:

Just received and installed my Telex tonight; one TXi and two TXo’s - I’m a happy guy tonight, thanks @bpcmusic

Horray!!! Glad they are working for you. The picture is awesome! Thanks for sharing!!!

Nice rig, btw. Looks AMAZING!

Is that relevant but what is the difference between a TXo and an Ansible in Teletype mode? I know the Txo can act as oscillators but is that the only difference?

Anyone elses tracking not updating? Mine is still in “Pre-Shipment - SHIPPING LABEL CREATED, USPS AWAITING ITEM”-mode

I’ve had other USPS-shipments being weird like that in the past, so i’m not really worried, but since I used the DHL international express option, I’d have thought things would’ve moved on a bit quicker.

TXo CV outs can act as oscillators, envelopes, or LFOs; trigger outs can have independent metronomes, be set to trigger on end-of-cycle for the envelopes (and the LFOs, I believe?), and be set to trigger a certain number of times and then shut off… plenty more goodies in the Teletype manual.

TXo is bipolar, Ansible is not.

I’ve noticed it can take a day or so for the system to register it. Per my records, it looks like I only have one shipment in that state. The shipment is the last TXi that went out yesterday end-of-day.

Given that, I’m assuming yours is tracking now. Maybe you should check again?

Some Stats for Thursday

39% Delivered
9% Out for Delivery
29% In Transit

Received mine. Thank you.
For others who like me are lazy and don’t read the manual: If you have more than one of each Telex, you need to set their addresses with the jumpers. Caused me some confusion earlier.

Yeah, mine switched status sometime yesterday evening. All good, thanks for checking :slight_smile:

Yesterday I came across something that could be a bug:

This gives me the expected behavior of producing a subtle LFO.

Now if I do TO.CV.OFF 1 V 2, I expect to get the same subtle LFO shifted up two volts. But instead, it is the range of the LFO that changes to V 2, as if I had entered TO.CV 1 V 2. Is this normal behavior?

I am on v.018 and the behavior is reproducible.

Received my TXi/TXo bundle on Thursday and had a blast last night writing scripts for them. Thanks @bpcmusic! I ran into one issue though which I’m sure is user error. I had setup an envelope on TXo output 2 that would not trigger. The same script was outputting CV on TXo 1 so I know the script was firing. I eventually gave up and saved the scene. This morning when I loaded it up, the envelope triggered as expected. I know there are keyboard shortcuts to mute scripts. Is there also one to mute outputs that maybe I had accidentally hit? Thanks!

Hey @bpcmusic i just received my secon TXi and read the “TINY HINT” note. I got to say that i am a bit worried each time i take the modular out because of the boards connection so i am really considering what is written in the LUDICROUSLY SMALL HINT part :upside_down_face: I already DIYed some modules so from what i saw it should be ok but i would be really reassured if anyone could post a picture or two of successful boards soldering… I don’t what to fry my babies…

Apologies for being a little out of touch these last few days. I’m literally on the other side of the world from my home through the end of the week. Still trying to figure out what end is up!

Yeah - I discovered something similar when I was playing around with it before I left on my trip. I found that the sequence was important. For example, this worked:

TO.CV 1 V -5

But, if I put the offset AFTER the CV setting - it didn’t. Try setting a CV value after the offset for now. I’ll look into the fix when I’m back in the states this weekend / next week.

Sorry. That used to work solidly. Somehow I let a regression slip in back in July. :frowning:

I haven’t seen anyone who has done it yet. I keep mine separate for QC purposes. Anyone solder their boards together?

So, what are those tiny and ludicrous hints? Sounds mysterious…

:grin: It is just a piece of paper that you find in the modules box describing how to take care of the expenders by checking that the 2 boards don’t unplug when you move you case.

Managed to snatch one telexi, really hoping to at some point get another one along with 2 telexo!

Same here! Snagged one telexi, hoping to get another + 2 telexo + backpack.