Telexi er-301 control

firmware

telexi er-301 control

alt firmware for telexi module for er-301 control

this firmware allows you to use telexi module to control er-301 over i2c. there is a couple of limitations that render this not super useful but i thought i’d post it in case some people do find a use for it. this basically adds 4 knobs and 4 inputs to er-301.

the limitations are:

• i2c power and pullups are required, so you will need a powered i2c backpack or txb module
  • it doesn’t work in a multi leader setup, so you can’t use it if you have any other leaders on your i2c bus (teletype, polyearthsea, 16n in leader mode)

Requirements

powered i2c backpack or txb module
non leader i2c setup only

Documentation

connect both er-301 and telexi to a powered i2c backpack or txb.
knobs 1-4 will be output on SC.CV 1-4 and inputs 1-4 will be output on SC.CV 5-8

Download

v1.0.0 - telexi_er301.hex (163.5 KB)

for instructions on how to update your firmware see the excellent telexi manual or check the github link

13 Likes

This is amazing (as always)! You’ve basically created the first stand-alone input expander for ER-301.

thanks - the honour belongs to @bpcmusic really, all i did was a simple firmware mod!

i have an idea of being able to use this alongside 16n by having telexi poll values from 16n (running in follower mode) and transmitting them to er-301- will give this a try and see how well it works.

4 Likes