The Arp Index

The Arp Index

Check stocks on norns (and make music).

Listen to the sound of stocks falling, invest to push up the last note of your arpeggiator, do money things on norns.

Requirements

Norns
Internet connection
Molly the Poly engine

MIDI note input optional
MIDI output optional

Documentation

E1 : Company
E2 : Time span
E3 : Steps
K2 : Play/Stop
K1+K2 : Reset clock
K3 : Refresh

Use a MIDI controller to play and transpose multiple sequences at once.
Check params for scale, timing and synth options.

Download

The Arp Index v1.0.0
GitHub

28 Likes

it’s like you knew how often i joke that if norns could handle my portfolio, it’d be perfect!

5 Likes

whaaaat. this is so cool.

I just conceptually HAVE to use it on one of the tracks I’m working on. Using the fucking datas of their fucked up obsessions to make something useful out of it, that is : something that is of absolutely no use to them, it’s just a nice thought.

2 Likes

This looks wonderful! You continue to inspire :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shit, this new norns user/current finance major is mind blown by this right now :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Now THIS is really using the full scope of the Norns capabilities in an interesting direction! Referencing real world structures and numbers for musical output is a sweet sweet idea.

2 Likes

Hmm. Can’t seem to get any companies downloaded. Internet is up and running. Restarted after install. Maiden repl says:

|Requesting...|https://cloud.iexapis.com/v1/stock/market/list/mostactive?listLimit=100&filter=symbol,companyName&token=pk_f33c104ac1674f268ddb10ed18012c33|
|---|---|
|Error proessing companies|[]|
|Got companies|0|

Any ideas?

1 Like

Capitalism meets tech meets synthesizers? I’m in.

This is such a wonderfully novel concept, and it could actually inspire some interesting melodies for when I’m feeling undecided but don’t want to just play a random arpeggiator or up/down on a favorite chord.

1 Like

Good question, it seems the API is returning no results today - I’ll ask about it.

3 Likes

Sounds like it was something to do with the markets being closed for the US bank holiday :chart_with_downwards_trend:

Should be working again now everyone is back buying & selling :chart_with_upwards_trend:

12 Likes

Here’s a video showing a MIDI keyboard controlling the generated pattern and MIDI output (to CV) driving an external synth. The Arp Index plays nicely with others. :two_men_holding_hands:

5 Likes