The Double Knot - synth

hey is there anyway you could do any video of the two working together?
I’m very interested in this little guy
thanks so much

1 Like

What are you looking for in a video? Have some snippets on my Instagram, but it doesnt really show cross patching.

1 Like

I’d love to see the instagram stuff

I mostly want to see the rollz oranges clocking the sequencer and maybe triggering the envelopers

anything else would just be great like audio outs from PB FMing the double knot

Here’s an IG where the double knot’s sequencer pinging the brown rollz and ultrasound on the PB2. If you’re familiar with the PB2 mixer you can see and figure out which sounds come from the PB and which from the DK :wink:

Used the even(?) rollz of the rolzer (got one last week) successfully with the DK sequencer. There is no way of pinging the enveloper directly on the DK apart from using the fill I believe.

2 Likes

Saw this yesterday. Really cool stuff

3 Likes

Finally home from touring. Double Knot was waiting for me. Having a great time with it, only reservation is the small size makes accessing the red and grey buttons tricky and they seem to be key…

2 Likes
Mobenthey/Ciat-Lonbarde (synthmall) thread

Maybe it would be possible to make a passive rectifier so that you could remove -V and run any cv in without worry?

Yeah I’ve been thinking of doing that. But then @MengQiMusic released his Brass kit

2 Likes

Ah yeah. I’ve been looking at that. I just have a bag of banana jacks already that I want to put to use. It’s simple as adding a diode, right?

Sick! I’ve been looking for a jumbler like this!

bam!

5 Likes

Oops, I did it again!

3 Likes

You’re so Britney!

Post demos!

1 Like

This is the first thing I did. :smiley:

4 Likes

Cool!

I still don’t have one. It’s tempting. But I’m in a huge purging mode (err…except for film gear); hard to justify at the moment.

1 Like

I found one used on Facebook. It was hard to ignore. It’s partly your fault!

(I think I’ll start building NLC modules in the near future :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Are there any explanations on how to program the sequencer, I’m a pretty baffled by it (how to use the grey and red buttons)…and what it says in the manual? Not found anything that translates.

Any pointers would be really appreciated.

I have however had some great rhythms and sounds running, just no idea how the sequences are being generated :thinking:

I have no idea. The only thing I learnt is to stop worrying and love the bomb. :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s like the MT Turing Machine if you’ve used that: two sliding shift registers to which you can read/write. You have to feedback one of the sequencers outputs into its input again to have it loop and not having the steps falling off after the 8th step. If you want 8 steps you take the output of the last step into the input. You can take for example the 7th step on the second sequencer to limit it to 7 steps and thus create polyrhythms. Add/delete with the red/black buttons allows you to program the current step of the register.

I can make a small cheatsheet tomorrow if useful.

6 Likes

Yes please, I’d really appreciate that thank you.

I’ll also check out the Turing Machine, maybe see the documentation for that too.

I don’t actually use any modular gear. I got the DK today and clocked it to Ableton, works really well. Synced up overdubs are making quite a sonic palette