The Reverb Thread

I’ve been using Valhalla Room, stopped looking for reverb plugins after that. (It’s that great!) Think I’ll take a look at Vintage Verb this time!

All comes back around to Audio Damage…
Going to be trying the EOS port later this week – I believe this has Sean Costello’s original algorithms, so this might be the closest to Valhalla iOS will get (for now).

i tried it out. sounds pretty good - but my big gripe is that when you change the size value there’s a pretty unfortunate glitch. i think i’m spoiled by my BAM’s lovely smooth time warp character.

for set and forget it does the trick and sounds great.

every time someone mentions BAM, I sink into an existential wallow while weighing the math on a 12-month finance from Perfect Circuit.

this post laid me out for a dang month.

lol knowing that i’ll try restrain myself from singing it’s praises.

have you checked out valhalla’s vintage verb? sounds great!

VVV is vvv good. more than happy running everything through that, but the hardware desire lives on.

hi everyone
just sold my eurorack DLD because because downsizing my case and didn’t quite use it as max potential (just using for double delay without patching so much)

looking for a delay/reverb as outboard alternative o a mixed solution
here’s my thoughts:

• behringer combo: reverb machine + echo machine
    low cost, like 60€ used, seems cool but need lot of cables and not so headphones friendly

• earthquaker devices avalanche run
    compact, just one pedal, like all the demos i ear but not so low cost and still not headphones friendly

• zoom ms70cdr
    look cool, don’t know how much performative, same headphones problem

• 2hp delay and verb
    small and compact, eurorack but bit pricey for what i get

• critter & guitari organelle
    strange option but super powerful, can build my own sounds and controls, has headphones out, can use it standalone both as processor an synth, cons the price

here my actual and planned case

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/361810
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/476095

am i missing something?
any ideas or suggestions?

thanks

I haven’t really been following this thread much but there might be some useful information/discussion in it for you.

Careful we don’t want to disrupt the time - space continuum!

Moebius thread has more than 20 characters.

the reverb thread, slowly dissipating in feedback loops and early reflections. it changes each time you read it, you know.

just here wondering if this thread if even real…

also i got a BAM. any advice for how to not just use it 100% wet all the time on everything? :grinning:

I DID AS WELL. I STRUGGLE WITH THIS AS WELL. @shellfritsch, is everything just warm wonderful warbly ocean water from now on?

Just watched the OTO BAM videos AGAIN. Doggoneit.

But I noticed that it’s not solar powered, so I obviously don’t want it. :stuck_out_tongue:

@stripes, getting one also opened up serious questions for me about FX and IRL mixer aux. i’m pretty green when it comes to owning hardware instruments and so i’ve actually just been routing a few outs from the modular into Live, setting two channels for each input – a ‘sends only’ and an unmonitored/muted dry. by routing the BAM as a recorded send channel, it gets 100% control over the signal and i’ve been using the wet/dry knob on the unit to try to achieve legibility.

revisiting a session recorded the other night, i started reintroducing the dry takes with heavy subtractive EQ to sculpt the definition a bit more, but because the mostly wet BAM recording was providing the tonal base i feel like i got something that I never could have found if it was simply a parallel aux.

long story short (god this ran long i’m so sorry), i want to find a way to route everything through the BAM and then use dry signals as an effect for it, you know? it’s too good.

Heh, I was writing a very similar reply regarding BAM and aux sends/mixer routing nonsense. I am honestly always a bit confused when we start talking about all the many routing options for outboard stuff. Ideally (to me) you have a mixer with effect sends, the BAM will always be set at 100% wet, then you dial in how much dry you mix with wet for each channel. You can do this in a DAW but you have to do it in post and record all tracks separate, which hasn’t been my thing with modular. Unfortunately I can’t do this on my K-Mix, so it’s a bit frustrating if I don’t want to verb on the entire mix. When I am multi-tracking, having one effect unit is totally fine, but I tend to use anywhere from 3 to 6 channels coming out of my modular mixed down to stereo when I am working on a piece. Still working out this one… probably all simple solutions but just finding the one that gels is the hard part. Anyway, not to pull the “reverb thread” too off topic. Now we need a “setup ROUTING” thread… ha :money_mouth_face:

You don’t have to do it in post. I do this live all the time. I suppose the Expert Sleepers modules are enabling that.

Ah you’re right - I guess what I meant was you can’t do it before the signal gets into the computer, if you’re doing stuff that way. But yeah, near infinite possibilities ~

Yeah, it’s tough to avoid using the computer when you’re trying to use the computer. :wink:

ah i’ve had an extra spring in my step lately… knowing know that @stripes and @Dan_Derks have joined the BAM FAM explains everything :slight_smile: