The tiny studio corner thread (pt.2 now online on horizontalpitch)

what’s the thing with the colorful LEDs and Three Rogan knobs do?

It’s an axoloti, so it can do many things! Right now i have it set up with a toggle switch so that there are 2 pages (indicated by led color) for those 3 knobs. I have several different patches loaded currently including reverb, granular stuff, delay, and a mutable elements-like mpe poly synth.

So much love for this thread and the people with their tiny studios. It inspires me to relocate my gear and try new locations.

It also reminds me of this recentish Aphex Twin interview in which he talks about having various studio setups around the house.

Slight expansion but I do believe my $60 investment on a 30" * 60" table to replace the cramped 24" * 48" was my smartest move of the year.

Nice. Rasta cable pasta.

We’re packing up to leave our current apartment in Brooklyn and the thing I’m going to miss is my little corner studio. It’s the first time I’ve been able to have a permanent home for my synthesizers, and after building a custom desk to fit in the wonky, not-quite-90° corner, it’s a shame to give this up.

Here’s something that came out of the corner recently:

I currently have my stuff set up on a desk that is about 55"x24". I’d like to expand vertically… some kind of small shelf to sit on top of the desk with about 12" clearance for the stuff already on the desk.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Maybe something available at ikea? I see some pics in this thread of shelves at an angle… that seems kind of cool.

Rearranging my small space, as my wife has decided she doesn’t like working at the bureau. I have had to take the top off to fit it in my cupboard, but can use the wood to close the gap at the top.

New episode just went online!

http://www.horizontalpitch.com/2018/08/modular-spaces-pt-2-cozy-corners/

Very nice, Hannes! Fun to be featured as well!

Excuse me!

What is that hardware so alike the Buchla Arbitrary Function Generator
on your shelf?

That is the “Music from outer space” 16 step sequencer, made with a rotary panel design by dj Thomas White (and somewhat modified by me).

http://musicfromouterspace.com/analogsynth_new/SEQ16_2006/SEQ16_2006.php

Some build info here if anyone is curious :slight_smile: :

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1634189

I see, it is a really advanced DIY actually! I wish I had more knowledge in electronics by now :frowning:

Thanks for sharing with us!

I posted a picture of my newly assembled tiny studio corner in the pictures thread, but I guess it would be better off in this thread instead. Well, here it is… Kind of a bright day. It misses some plants though, to make it more cozy.

Here’s my little spare room studio, freshly reorganised thanks to finding a neat steel side-table left out on the street… this has allowed me to keep everything plugged in, but also (with a quick move of the Push) have plenty of desk space free when I need to use it for writing or other work. Nice view of Brockwell Park, too.

Now that jnr has started school I finally got to finish off the IKEA bureau studio.

Due to a sloping ceiling I couldn’t fit the unit in so I repurposed the storage shelf as a lid. It’s unattached for now as I noticed that the shelf came off in one piece. Making what may be a rather lovely skiff. Food for thought for the future at least.

Moved some things around, added the norns/grid/keyboard shelf under the modular/pedalboard (and covered it with some more hot-glued fabric). Also added a few C-clamps to the boards resting on the keyboard stands which has really helped make things feel more sturdy.

My little buddy likes to sit right behind it :slight_smile:

I’ve been thinking of getting the secretary desk & this photo confirms I think it extactly what I’m lookin for.

@papernoise That was a fun read. It’s funny being featured in an article. And I’m very happy to have discovered that little video snippet from @Plym, which lead me to his other content on youtube, which is really great.