The Tiny Studio Corner Thread

Here’s a corner of our not-so-tiny new studio, and our new studiomate who arrived a week and a half ago…

84 Likes

Loving my Polygogo! It pairs fantastically with 0chd if you can give it a try.

2 Likes

congratulations!!! :partying_face:

wow, congrats! we got a new studio space not long before our daughter was born. now she’s 9 months old and we still haven’t finished setting everything up :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s by an artist called Kid Acne from Sheffield UK. It’s something he did a long time ago that I scanned from his ‘Kaskad’ book. Although the book is very small, I was able to scan at a hi-res (from a very cheap scanner) and print them really big. I then got them block mounted, which always makes things look great I think.

1 Like

Many congratulations!!

Wonder if that pic is better classified under The Pictures of our Soundmaking Machines Thread? Or, maybe The Absolute Minimum Viable Creative Setup Thread… in that (in personal experience) minimal creativity is viable with <3 hrs sleep/night? Or… ok I’ll see myself out :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

That’s a neat Eurorack skiff you have there. Did you design/make that yourself? Is it 3D-printed?

Thanks yes I designed them both. They use pulp logic vector rails and threaded strips. The printed part adds clearance and screws in from the bottom. The 104hp one has 2 threaded strips holding a power bus in there. The plexiglass in front at least creates the illusion of electrical safety. I’ll clean up my files and share soon if anyone is interested.

6 Likes

They look great! I’ve also designed and 3D-printed my cases. One larger 9U x 104hp case and a smaller skiff that’s 3U x 84hp. Both use Tiptop Z-Rails.

2 Likes

That looks really nice, where is that desk from?

1 Like

It‘s from a german hardware store [Hellweg]. The drawer for the keybed I build myself.

1 Like

Edit: Found some stands for the Soma gears. Now it’s much better.

28 Likes

Going camping soon. Decided on this little off the grid, dare I say, tiny studio set up.

37 Likes

Very nice case. Is it a DIY case or a case from a manufacturer?

Thanks! It was built by a furniture making friend who is also into eurorack. He included a few passive takaab modules up the top.

3 Likes

My new dub & jazz playing corner.

I adore this thread!

25 Likes

How do you like the jaguar bass? It’s lovely!

1 Like

I love it! The neck doesn’t dive in typical Fender fashion and the Preci pickups are glorious. And it’s quite the stunner, look-wise. Happy camper!

3 Likes

Still too big. Reduce please, or I will set the minimalism police on you :policewoman: :rotating_light: :police_car:

2 Likes

I’m very interested about what you use to keep the Pulsar upright, it could free a lot of space on my desk.