The traveling cassette tape (an experiment)

I’m actually not sure if I like the idea of different tape circuits depending on one’s location.
I mean, I thought I understood that the tape would travel one (continental) location in its entirety before being shipped over a (or “the” for that matter) big pond anyways. It just sounds much more fun to have all participants take part in one showing than segregating merely by location…

Just my thoughts.

Will complete my spreadsheet entry in due course.

6 Likes

+1 one tape circuit
+1 time limit
just my 2c

2 Likes

I agree. I think this project would be particularly special if everyone participating was included on one tape.

Maybe the list of participants can be organized according to their proximity with one another? Or the tape could just travel back and forth across a given continent before traveling to another location in the world?

1 Like

Totally agree. Splitting up the list makes it more likely it will make it through, but the fun part in my opinion is the whole experiment of it.

I think a good way to go is to sort the list by continent. With frequent ‘backups’ underway we should be able to have some sort of end result even though the tape might not make it all the way

6 Likes

Great idea! I’m so in :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe send out the tapes with a little notebook alongside. Particpants can write their liner notes, add a collage or some little idiosycratic thing. the front couple of pages could be a track listing for side a and side b.

just a thought…

10 Likes

Lovely idea. Will include something like this :heart:

One Tape,One World, One Love.And Backup.

4 Likes

bckup tape is a great idea indeed! I can definitely somehow make one here.

4 Likes

I’m interested to contribute as well!

1 Like

Now that’s a great calling. Love the idea and hope it will find enough support to materialise…

2 Likes

UPDATE

Hi everyone! Registration is now closed - we have 40 (!) participants taking part :slight_smile:

Can I ask @papernoise @icecreamed @dansimco and @Gahlord to fill in their country and continent in the Spreadsheet?

The list has been sorted with european countries first, followed by North America. Can I also ask someone in the US to help me sort the list according to US location?

The tape will set out on it’s long journey soon…

10 Likes

20 characters of excitement!

2 Likes

Done! Sorry I had missed the spreadhsheet thing earlier.

1 Like

Done too, thanks for the nudge!

Once the number of people is locked in, it’s probably a good idea to specify an amount of time per section? Seems like it will be a short amount per each

1 Like

Uh, this is happening quicker than expected. Exciting!

2 Likes

I can work on it. It would help if those in the US would put in their state.

2 Likes

I looked up the ones that didn’t list a region and sorted them into the right zone based on what they have in their profile. There were a couple (@mmryspace, @gbook5, and @Hovercraft) that didn’t have any info and I just put them last, after me because I’ll be furthest West I’m pretty certain. Everyone in the US can use flat rate shipping and it won’t matter much in terms of cost (though it might increase the carbon footprint of the project slightly, bearing in mind the mail trucks are going to run no matter what).

If the remaining people want to sort themselves into the best region that’s rad, leave me at the end to get it to Australia and we’re cool. But I think it’s probably sorted pretty reasonably right now.

5 Likes

I’m in between Spain and Italy, so it may make sense for me to pass from one to the other in either direction.

2 Likes

I added my state and moved my spot next to the other Marylander @quixot :slight_smile:

3 Likes