The traveling cassette tape (an experiment)

We can DM for details, but I’m back in IL in October, I’ll bring the Angel tape with me

4 Likes

who is next in Portland?
L>
ok I have not gotten a response so the next question is
Who is next on the west coast?

3 Likes

I’m in the west coast! I’m in Vegas. I’d love an excuse to get a cassette player, Dictaphone, or another project to record to the cassette as well!

I’d love to participate as well. I’m in California, Sonoma.

I’ve done (and still do) a lot of 4-track collaborations, where one person records the first track, sends it to the second person, who records the second track, and so on until the 4th person finishes the song and uploads it somewhere where everyone can listen. It’s always a nice surprise when we listen to finished product!

4 Likes

Hi everyone.
i have the wabash tape, i want to pass it on to the next player on the list. The list is closed to the 40 or so people who have signed up. Could the next person who wants the tape please dm me so i can move it on.

I see that a cuople of people have just requested to join this particular list- as far as I know that is not possible at this time, unless the mod who started the process adds you to the docs file which is currently closed.

wabash tape is going to @pleco - thanks team!

5 Likes

The list is for version 1 only. Current state of this tape is unknown (but not lost we hope…)

For the second edition, see @Hovercraft’s suggestion on how to take part below

Stoked that this project lives on !!

6 Likes

Thanks @lumena!

I’ll try and make a quick turnaround with the tape, and would like to give some priority to Seattle area folks. In order to prevent stagnation, both in regards to just idling as we wait for a local user to speak up and in keeping the tape too geographically stagnant, I’ll just open a short window for Seattle folks to reply (like 12-24 hours?) and if no one speaks up in that time I’ll coordinate with whoever reaches out first. What do folks think about that as a suggestion going forward? Kinda emphasizes building local community/reducing footprints, while not being too exclusionary.

4 Likes

Let me know if an east coast tape materializes, then! Haha.

Hi, I’m totally in !
Living in Paris France :v:

1 Like

Great! I am in The Netherlands, so let’s stay connected for when one of the tapes comes to Europe.

1 Like

On it’s way back to USA in my luggage right now. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Same, please let me know if it is in NL!

Sure! Will post here if so.

A modest suggestion–someone in Europe should start another tape. This is an experiment, right? When experiments don’t work (and when they do) we start new ones.

9 Likes

Thats a jolly good idea. Im Hamburg based, i could start one.
Anyone interested, shoot me a message.

8 Likes

Count me in ! Belgium based.
PM sent.

4 Likes

Great! @Demure , @kevinpaulcahay and me are EU based too. Let’s get this started!

6 Likes

I’ve already PM’d @thmshckr so am on board for the Eurocassette in France.

4 Likes

Go team! etc etc etc

4 Likes

Let’s go, I’m really excited to do that!

2 Likes