Tidalcycles on Archlinux

Anyone have experience installing Tidalcycles on Archlinux by any chance?
I’m learning SuperCollider at the moment, but figured I would get Tidalcycles and learn it on the side.

However, I remember archlinux handles haskell stuff a bit differently as every haskell dependencies or libraries are dynamically compiled into arch packages, which in the end result in a ridiculous amount of haskell packages on the system constantly having to be updated.

Just wondering how everyone installed Tidalcycles on Arch? pacman -S cabal-install and then cabal install tidal? that’s all? do i need this ghc compiler? or is it better to grab everything directly from the haskell site bypassing pacman entirely?

Just wondering how everyone installed Tidalcycles on Arch? pacman -S cabal-install and then cabal install tidal?

I would’ve just tried that, but pacman -S cabal-install fails for me at the moment because pacman fails to download some of its dependencies. Nonetheless, it’s perfectly fine to install TidalCycles through cabal since you probably don’t need a system wide installation.

ya it failed for me also.
haskell is apparently pretty annoying to setup on arch 'cuz apparently everything is dynamically linked now. :frowning: