Tintinnabuli

any up to date patch ideas / sequencing / programming for creating generative tintinnabuli music?

6 Likes
  1. Program a simple diatonic melody into your sequencer.
  2. For the second part, offset the main melody a little and quantize it to chord tones.

I also like Part’s triangle-shaped formal structure. Each time the melody plays, it gets longer by one note, until the entire sequence has been exposed. Then reverse the process. In Euro, I do this with an A155/154 combo. This gives CV control over sequence length. Run a slow triangle lfo into that hole and wiggle until everything lines up in a pleasing way.

5 Likes

interesting idea, however the triangle-shaped structure is unknown to me, did you read about it somewhere? I know the M en T voicing and was thinking of sequencing both by a qu-bit bloom / chord combo in modular, although bloom’s outputs are inherently fractal … I suppose that with the Doepfer you arpeggiate the T-voice?

1 Like

When I tried this, I thought of the T voice as harmonizing the melody, playing the same melodic rhythm as the M voice. If you make it an offset derivative of the M voice, and quantize to chord tones, it arpeggiates automatically.

1 Like

I also played with S&Hing the melody to derive the T voice, so it was in a different melodic rhythm.

1 Like

old max patch by stretta

4 Likes

Couple of saved links:

5 Likes