triangles

triangles

endless triangles

Each of the four voices consists of 2 triangle waves and some noise. Each voice is independently triggered by its own (tempo-sync’d) clock source. Adjust the amplitude envelope, filter cutoff, vibrato and bit rate of each voice to taste.

Requirements

• norns
  • MIDI controller (optional)

Documentation

• K2: randomise parameters

Use the norns parameter menu PARAMETERS > TRIANGLES to change the parameters of each voice. Most parameters should be self-explanatory but there’s a few less obvious ones:

• detune detunes one oscillator against the other in the voice
  • bellow alters the mix between the two oscillators on the rise and fall of the envelope. 0.5 (default) plays both oscillators equally throughout the envelope, while 0 plays oscillator 1 on the rise, and 2 on the fall. 1 reverses this.
  • curve adjusts the curvature of the perc amplitude envelope
  • trigger frequency how often (in beats at the current system clock tempo) the envelope is triggered.

Install

install from maiden using

;install https://github.com/chrislo/triangles

this script includes an Engine, so you will need to SYSTEM > RESTART.

Acknowledgements

62 Likes

Absolutely lovely script @chrisl. Delightfully simple and complex at the same time. And I just get so much joy making little sequences that I can run forever as I sit and work. :heart:

3 Likes

I’m so confused that there are four, not three triangles :slight_smile:

Good droning stuff. Makes me think of this rhythmic classic with triangles:

7 Likes

triangles makes a great foundation for a noiz drone session!
used it last night with Haven and Bounds.
other noiz help from Schlagzwerg, Nord Drum 2, Double Knot v2, Mosstone, Mbase11.

3 Likes

Wow, thanks for sharing @SPIKE! It’s very inspiring for me to hear it used in a different musical setting to how I’d imagined it when I made it. I’m happy you enjoyed playing with it.

1 Like

2 Likes

great script…
Dairylee-cheese-triangles-nutritional-information-calories

1 Like

There’s now a version of this synth in mx.synths. Useful if you like the sound, but would prefer to sequence/play it yourself.

3 Likes