//// trios : lcrp.2020.equinox.1 ////

I am positive, our trio will get done in time

2 Likes

Just PMed every trio I’m not a part of to say it’s five weeks to go. Discourse doesn’t allow spamming, which is good. I didn’t quite resort to a thesaurus, but. :wink:

I’m up to my turn on one of the two trios I’m in and finding the open-ended-ness surprisingly challenging! We didn’t discuss concepts or parameters in advance, beyond one idea that we might each include a field recording (and not just that).

5 Likes

3 weeks left ish.

1 Like

And we’re now coming up to the two-week mark.

Upload tracks to this Google Drive folder when you’re ready.

This will get mastered, so if you think the mix sounds OK, just upload a WAV or AIFF file and you’re done.

I suggest file naming like

person1_person2_person3 - trackname

7 Likes

Anyone available to sub into trios at short notice? Or if people can’t finish do we just accept that?

1 Like

@ganders, @howthenightcame and I have submitted the track - Paradise Found.

I don’t want to speak for the others but I am really pleased with how this sounds. @howthenightcame had an initial idea for morse code related drums which really resonated with us. The initial loop was our usernames converted to morse - each drum is being played by one of our names! I added some arps from the synths in my Force and @ganders cast some kind of magic spell on it and made it awesome! Admittedly we made a couple of passes each before handing in, but the track really benefitted from a little bit extra work. I can honestly say this is one of the greatest projects I have been involved in. Thanks for organising it @Jet

6 Likes

About one week to go.

Got two tracks so far. Thanks! Send them any way you like, really, but link to Drive location is up a couple of posts.

2 Likes

If someone in your trio can’t make it, PM me and I’ll facilitate some mix and match (if there are other people in the same position who are available).

Ours is ready to upload… when corona-panic has abated.

1 Like

I’d be really excited if lots of trios completed tracks.

But, with a literal pandemic and all of its knock-on effects, it might be worth repeating myself from the OP:

I hope the LCRP is in no way adding to anyone’s stress - I hope it’s the opposite!

If you’re reading this and feeling like you can no longer participate, that’s absolutely fine by me.

(Not saying anyone out there is worrying about what I think, but maybe this is reassuring for some to hear from the organiser of this particular LCRP.)

4 Likes

If anyone wants some minimal guitar washes or some super heavy noise guitar, I’m happy to have a crack!!

2 Likes

i also can jump in as a last minute trio filler if needed

2 Likes

Same here. If anyone needs a sub, I’m available as a sub.

2 Likes

Just chiming in to say my trio should be ready by the deadline. I was knocked out with a fever last week (which kinda freaked me out considering), but I’m almost recovered now and working on the mix this week.

3 Likes

Glad to hear you’re feeling better @crim – our trio is nearly ready too, we’ll have a piece to contribute.

2 Likes

Just uploaded our trio which was @jlmitch5, @fjna & myself. We ended up doing two rounds, though not everything from round two ended up being used & then we shared some mixes and worked out the final form together via DM. This was one of the smoothest and most enjoyable remote collabs I’ve ever participated in, they’re not always easy to pull off!

(I also couldn’t resist sneaking a listen to the @lumena / @samarobryn / @zaqwithaq trio – wonderful!)

6 Likes

Glad to know you liked it… it’s really a soundtrack. We started with a video made of found footage and text. A secret film. We used that to determine timing, length etc. As time and sounds progressed all cues from the film fell away and all that was left was the soundtrack.

6 Likes

That’s a cool method! Will you put the video online too at some point?

1 Like

I will check with everyone
L.

1 Like

The quietly ambient piece by the trio of @ganders, @keinexco and @DoS has been sent via WeTransfer (Google Drive was being unhelpful). Looking forward very much to the final results.

4 Likes