Tyresta Artist Collab Project

Hi All. For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Nick and I release experimental music under the name Tyresta.

I have some releases coming up on a few different tape labels (Obsolete Staircases, Aural Canyon, Otherworldly Mystics, Warm Gospel, and Past Inside The Present) and I’m looking to collaborate with others in promoting those releases.

Here’s the pitch:

I’m planning on making simple, 1-minute promo videos for each of the songs on the releases. In addition to the videos, I would like to post art created by others while listening to the songs.

You can create whatever you want (dance, poetry, spoken word, stream of consciousness writing, any form of visual art, etc.). The only constraint would be to try not to overthink it/attempt to complete whatever it is within the time window of the song.

In return, I can give you a copy of the release (cassette and/or digital) and promote your work as part of the post (I realize that this might not be the most enticing incentive but I unfortunately don’t have a promo budget).

Thanks for checking out this post. If this works out, I’ll do another round of collaborations in the late-summer/early-fall. Let me know if you would like to participate!

15 Likes

Very moody, meditational style on the tracks. Very light and bright drones, a unique style, i like it.

1 Like

Thanks for checking it out and for your kind words. Glad you liked it!

1 Like

@Dan_Derks is the first Lines member to contribute towards the project. Grateful to Dan for the hilariously tragic short story (included below) he wrote in response to my song “Midnight Roam.” Next up is @caelmore!

The song is from my album “Each Of Us Needs Such A Place”, which was released last month on Aural Canyon. They are having a buy three, get one free sale for those interested. They also just released an excellent tape by @sunbeamer.

4 Likes

"Echoes of Life” is the first track on my album Circles Back Around which was released by Obsolete Staircases (https://obsoletestaircases.bandcamp.com/album/circles-back-around) in April of this year. The attached art titled "Lifeline (Echoes for Tyresta)” was created by @caelmore while he listened to the album.

Please check out and support his thoughtful music and art!

Christopher Elmore (b. 1987) makes art and music, inspired in part by ongoing struggles with mental health issues, and the urge to continue living and creating in spite of them. He explores minimalism, generative composition techniques, and improvisation through analog and digital modular synthesis. He has been featured in concert at the Empty Bottle, High Concept Laboratories, and Open Space, and has performed live in collaboration with dancers Kara Brody and Amanda Maraist. Christopher is the caretaker of Editions Black & Blue, a private press specializing in limited edition art and sound objects. He currently lives and works in Chicago, Illinois

2 Likes