Verbos Harmonic Oscillator

It’s such a magical combo

2 Likes

Could go for a Harmonic + Scan & Pan combo too from the same guy. Tough one

I have all the verbos stuff. HO and ATC are my favorites.

1 Like

Those two seems to be a perfect couple. I’ll see how it goes. The seller wants the trade to be face to face on Christmas eve and I’m out of town :thinking:

Have you seen the new oscillator on Modular Grid? Interested in the concept behind that one, or if it’s more for saving HP in mobile systems

To me it looks more like half of Complex oscillator. I bet it’s going to sound really nice

1 Like

Verbos can do harmonic scanning under CV control. The lower block of knobs is the functionality not present in stages.
Oh, and FM.
Stages can tune partials and individually switch waveshapes though.
That said, I’ve been choosing between Cs-l and HO a couple of month ago, after demoing both at Schneidersladen. Went with Cs-l, but can not forget the sound of HO ever since. So I’m going to pick up HO as a holiday gift for myself :slight_smile:

3 Likes

After some readings, conclusions are :

• People who sold it have regrets
  • People who have it, keep it.

I tried to forgive it but like kveye, I think I will make me a personal gift too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I sold my HO, but I miss it. I actually picked up the CS-L. I think the CS-L is way more versatile. I’m committed to a smaller system so the HO is not something I’d buy again with a small system but if I ever expanded I’d def pick one up again, it’s got such a unique voice,

1 Like

Yeah, versatility was the reason to pick up CS-L for me too. I just kept thinking about HO so I guess I have to get it scratch that itch.

2 Likes

That was the same for me, I really thought I wanted the HO but after I few weeks I realized it was more of a novelty for the size. The coolness wore off after a little bit. Also the when you use the scan functions it forces the vcas on board to overdrive in a way that I don’t think is always that pleasing. But there is really nothing else that sounds like it, it’s like a owning a Rickenbacker 12-string guitar; it’s sound is so distinct that you can’t get it with anything else but you can help not sounding like the Byrds when you use it.

3 Likes

Updating myself: All three (Harmonic Osc, Amp & Tone controller AND the Scan & Pan) are coming this way in just a couple o days. Can’t wait :smile:

3 Likes

Plucking, sweeping, self FMing, and manually controlling interval faders. The more choking and popping the better.

8 Likes

20 characters of lovely

Verbos very much! Instant love and I don’t regret the trade at all.

7 Likes

A patch from today using the Harmonic Oscillator as the only sound source https://twitter.com/Jelani_DJ/status/1212887010152632321

1 Like

Anybody knows why on all verbos demos they use CV input instead of 1v/Oct input?

The multistage sequencer isn’t quantized so the CV input is used to attenuate.

Hello evreybody !

Here’s my last patch with Verbos HO as the main voice. It’s one of my first try on a more tech beat with my modular !

7 Likes

Just got the Verbos HO, partially based on some of the comments in this thread. It has a really special, beautiful sound. As others have mentioned, I’m not a big fan of the way the Harmonic Scan section is implemented, as it sends each harmonic into the mixer at full amplitude - great for noisy techno, but not ideal for more subtle pieces. Still enjoying it very much, especially paired with a Just Friends, the ER101 and some VCAs.

6 Likes