//// Very Short Notice : lcrp.2019.solstice.1 ////

Very Short Notice

Quick. Write down the first emotion that comes to mind. Right now.

Write down the name of the first color you think of.

Write down a description of what you can smell right now.

Pick up your most immediate musical instrument. Hit record. Play music for 30-60 seconds while thinking about the things you just wrote.

Stop recording. Save your wav file. Put it up on Google Drive. Send me, @jasonw22, a private message with a link to your track. Do this by June 21. Do it more than once if you want to. Ask your friends to do it. Make your enemies do it.

Myself, @jlmitch5 and the LCRP crew will make an album out of it all and post it to lcrp.bandcamp.com.

This project was hurriedly conceived by @jlmitch5 and I, and immediately posted, with little forethought or discussion.

EDIT:

Et voilà!

27 Likes

Inspiration:

1 Like

Thanks to @abalone, @rbxbx, and @mirth for submissions.

This very short notice isn’t getting any longer, folks.

Uh, could you give me those TPS reports ASAP? Mmmkay?  
6 Likes

I’ll try and cut a couple of rough and ready guitar pieces this weekend

1 Like

Thank you for this kind reminder. I shall work to submit something by next week

1 Like

Thanks @wheelersounds, for your submission!

1 Like

Thanks for your submissions @pfig and @swhic!

1 Like

Thanks for the track @quixot!

2 Likes

Thanks for your submission @jlmitch5!

1 Like

Omigosh. Twenty-four days went by before I even saw this. Microcosm of my life right now. Thank you @jasonw22 and @jlmitch5 for conceiving and managing this! I will attempt to assemble a few minutes to do this this weekend.

3 Likes

Thanks @howthenightcame for your track!

4 Likes

Thank you @dnealelo!

3 Likes

Thanks @GoneCaving! …

2 Likes

are you able to expand on this part? will you be remixing/ overlaying / collaging it all into some bigger thing or presenting it as a compilation of lots of short different tracks left intact?

I, of course, have no problem with either but I would like a few more hints in the direction it might go.

and thanks for organising another thing in this series Jason.

2 Likes

This one! …

4 Likes

Thanks for the track @lumena!

VERY VERY SHORT NOTICE!!

2 Likes

Et voilà!

6 Likes

enjoyed listening to everyone’s track!

Mine came out of messing around jamming to this generative synth thing I had built up in ableton, which I recorded and then popped together really quick to try to make a 1-minute krautrock build. I kind of hate it lol, but also the exercise of releasing something (even something I don’t love) was nice–I’ve got into a bit of an obsessive loop with the tracks under this new golden chorale name, and so it was cool to take the leap and release the “first” track of it.

5 Likes

Sounds like people had some fun (I know I did)!

3 Likes