W/2 norns apps

are there any norns apps that support w/2 in fm mode? i’ve got it hooked up via crow, and working v nicely with m4l objects…
i’d assume most things that support jf could easily be translated to do both?
forgive me if there are tons of posts on this, but it’s impossible to search for the terms w/ or fm as they’re too short!

2 Likes

to my knowledge nothing yet

I imagine some scripts will start showing up after the w/ firmware is solidified/out of beta.

2 Likes

There’s an experimental branch of Just-play that supports it.

4 Likes

In fact JP was the first script that comes to my mind!

1 Like

I have a branch of ORCA that works with it too.

The op is `… That is (octave),(pitch),(level)
There are also parameters that can be midi mapped.

Big up to @midouest I bit her code :slight_smile:

8 Likes

ooh that’s pretty cool…

Bumping this thread with INITENERE! I really like having the w/2 compatible Norns scripts all in one place.

There are controls over all the w/syn parameters in the PARAMS menu, lets you dial in those sounds just right.

5 Likes

AND the less concepts update from the same guy @vicimity - i have been nagging @dan_derks about this for aaages, but you know he’s just been toooo busy doing like, demigod stuff with Cheat Codes 2 :wink:

1 Like

yo, but the cheat codes 2 update that i’m wrapping up (hopefully today) has w/2 control :slight_smile: :shushing_face:

also, @vicimity has been doing proper gods’ work on less concepts. i wholesale dropped his w/2 params into cheat codes (edit: which were @TanSaturn 's all along!! a deity rises!)

13 Likes

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark! Thats rad (sauce).

1 Like

And I in my part borrowed those from the ORCA build. Not sure who did it first, @TanSaturn or @Frederickk . :smiley:

4 Likes

I SAID to do that! they borrowed it from whoever put it in just play! hahaha i love this cross polination…

4 Likes

The hunt for the origin of w/syn params is on! :female_detective:

4 Likes

That’s all @TanSaturn :raised_hands: :tophat: !

4 Likes

I took the params from just play :laughing:. The rest of the Orca implementation of W/syn was made from the JF implementation. I love this community! Y’all are great

6 Likes

Wait, is the less concepts update live!?!

1 Like

not yet. next week, @vicimity ? i’m holding the process up with docs :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No rush! I just thought I’d missed it somewhere. All of the programmers here in this community have really been going above and beyond, designing some very cool instruments and interfaces. I’m just so excited to try them out when they’re ready.

1 Like

I’m dreaming of an implementation of w/syn on Kria… one of the best euro-seq ever made🖤

2 Likes