W/ Firmware Update (beta testers?!)

Indeed this thread is getting pretty cluttered with non-beta-testing comments. Please feel free to start a new ‘Help W/’ thread!

@alanza
Thanks for the report. I’ll try and replicate here. It sounds like an independent issue to me.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: ~ Help W/ ~

~ Help W/ ~

Beta6 posted up top.

Notably it fixes the ‘module unresponsive when left in NAV mode >10mins’ bug. For those playing at home, the SD card itself (not the driver) was going to sleep & the driver was not handling this well.

Further, switching tapes is now quite smooth. I believe there’s still a small click sound after changing (which will be addressed in the future, not now). Input monitoring will now continue while the tape changes so there’s more flexibility for effects-style routing.

Awesome! Cant wait to try it out!! :smiley:

Since flashing beta 6, I’ve experienced the same issue each time on start-up: the unit starts on a different tape from the one in use on shut down (it appears to power on at the first tape). This behavior appears to occur regardless of the active mode on shut down - I have tested in NAV with CV into THAT and with playback stopped.

Is this different from your experience with beta5?

Beta 5 wouldn’t always start with the segment active at shutdown, but the tape would not change.

I’m about to head out, but I can make a short video later / tomorrow if that’s helpful (just in case I’m explaining it poorly).

In the first boot, Beta 6 started me at the beginning of tape 1, which is where a lot of my work is, but I’m pretty sure I had been working in tape 4 the last time I spent a lot of time with my synth

Thanks for the reports. Just confirmed I had left in some debug code (which would always load the top-left tape). Will post an update tomorrow, hopefully with the reverse aliasing fixed too.

Happy to help! Good luck!

That’s definitely the one! Sorry I wasn’t more specific in identifying the tape that was loading.

Haven’t had a chance to test the beta yet(still on the second due to recording commitments), but from what I’ve been reading I can only admire all the hard work @Galapagoose is putting into this

With that said, I want to use the module in live set that I’ve been booked to play in september and currently am quite anxious doing so. I wonder if it might be possible to get a stripped down firmware version for my needs. I do not plan on using cue mode live and mainly want to play loops. Would an alternate firmware with just recording and playing back reduce the chance of bugs during playback or am I over asking/thinking? Anyhow, once again kudos to @Galapagoose for all the hard work.

I don’t know how you’d mark your loops without cue’s, plus once I started getting my head around the cue points, looping, and order of operations the W/ really started coming together. I’m waiting for Beta6 today and if the aliasing on reverse is good, I’ll be feeling like this is close to being a release candidate for 1.1. You should upgrade and find familiarity with the functionality as it’s brilliant.

I’ve been testing latest beta for a while, can confirm there is no more problem with freezing, hovewer i’ve got one crash while navigating to previous cue point in CUE mode (while triggering it in THIS). Anyway big thanks to @Galapagoose for update!

Will do! Thank you very much!

beta7 posted up top.

tape-selection should now restore the tape & cue that were active on powerdown.

fixed the reverse aliasing issue.

new bug: reverse playback of the 1st loop (ie looping to the start of the tape) doesn’t work. in LIVE it stops when it hits the start. in NAV it makes bad noises.

Beta7: Having problems with playback and record.

So, I erased the tape on boot with Record + Down held. Record 15 seconds of audio and it plays forward with Play fine.

Hook up Cold Mac to That and it plays forward, but if I go reverse once or sometimes a few times then playback going forward no longer works.

At this point I can unplug Cold Mac and Play no longer works. If I press Record the white light will come on but then hitting Play - no luck.

Turn off Record and try Play by itself and Play doesn’t work. Fix is to reboot.

Beta7: I’m getting Izzy on start-up every time.

Edit: Tested several more times to confirm. I will need to revert to an older beta so as not to have to perform the tutorial each time.

Beta7: Reboot and clear the tape. Record a clean sine wave with no modulation and nothing plugged into the OSC or anything else into W/ but the sine wave. Getting dropouts/glitches in the signal that are not heard during recording but are very evident during playback.

beta7
Mine still starts with first tape after reboot :confused:
Also same issue with playback via THAT
Also had glitches with recorded audio (even on beta 6)