W/ - non-responsive

So I had an issue where my w/ got stuck in izzy. Reloaded the firmware, cleared the tape, still no dice. So I reformatted the SD card without going through the whole shenanigans of copying the Official Image because I don’t need izzy anymore, just wanted to get it back working. So I cleared the card and formatted it FAT32 from a mac—so it was MS-DOS (FAT). It’s no longer in Izzy of course and there’s some lights, and I’m able to hear sound through it but play and record are non-responsive. Cleared the tape just for good measure and was able to do that (meaning there’s nothing wrong with play or record buttons/LEDs). I could go more into the behavior before I reformatted the SD card but idk if that’s relevant. Plz help I’m sad without me loops.

since formatting it, have you installed the firmware?

1 Like

Sounds like your SD card is having trouble initializing (it works, but it’s taking too long, and W/ times out). We’re about to start testing of a firmware update to solvethis issue currently. Apologies I dont have a better solution right now.

4 Likes

sorry to bother, I have no concept of how long these things take XP just curious if there’s any solution as of yet. i don’t have another SD card of the specs required to try, but would switching SD cards be a good idea, or pointless?

1 Like

same problem with my w/ – LOOOOVE it…but really bummed out it just freezes…and then I have to hard reboot, at which point it either

A) is unresponsive, NO lights, or

B) goes into Izzy mode “stuck looping” etc etc .

Hoping this new firmware solves all this…?? Mannequins have been cool – I have had problems w the unit from the start – I sent it back – they swapped in a new SD card and maybe updated it?? It then worked for several months but then…

Hoping the best , it’s an EXCELLENT performance tool when firing on all cylinders !!

2 Likes

It’s been heavily implied this update may be coming within a week… fingers crossed that’s the big reveal for next week’s Maps episode…

3 Likes

Had some similar problems with mine. Really excited for the new firmware!

Oddly, just started this problem out of the blue today.

1 Like