Wander The Night • Meditative Soundscape Website

This moment of pause we currently find ourselves in is a good opportunity to reflect on the world outside the door, across the city, the country or even halfway across the world. During the pandemic I found great comfort in watching those long uncut videos of people simply walking through the streets of London, New York, Shanghai, Hong Kong et al.

It’s with this thought in mind that good friend and close collaborator Cody Ellingham and I have created Wander The Night; a website that is an attempt to capture that special feeling of your first night in a new city.

If you’re even in need of a reflective, meditative moment just put on a pair of headphones and listen.

The soundtrack is also available right now on Bandcamp

Thank you for listening!

15 Likes

added to Web apps for music/video/etc. making (not so much for making music, but I think it’s a really cool, creative use of web technology so it felt like a neat thing to include.

I love the almost imperceptible movement in the image, really interesting. Sounds are beautiful too.

1 Like

Nicely done. The little bits of animation are great, too. Been listening all morning.

1 Like

wonderful. thank you for sharing.

1 Like

I really liked it. I love how free of widgets, ads etc. it is. Listening to it now Bangkok and it really made me think of being in Bangkok late at night. Can’t wait to travel again. :cat2: :pray: :heart:

1 Like

This is excellent and beautiful. Captures that feeling so well, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I love it. Don’t even have to get on an airplane.

1 Like

This is tremendously inspiring! I might do something along these lines for my in the works (in my mind, at least) project.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing on that post, it’s full of real gems which I previously hadn’t known but happy to find! I’m glad to hear it spoke to you in some way.

1 Like

Thank you Marc, that means a lot coming from you.

1 Like

Hi all! A slight update on this: Cody and I have now released the Wander the Night Japan album as a beautiful limited edition 12" Vinyl which contains all the original tracks inspired by our travels in Japan + 21 minutes of brand-new music.

It also comes as an optional special edition which contains a stunning book of photography from Cody that inspired the project and the music I wrote for it.

The Wander the Night Japan album is now available over on Wander the Night Japan | Simon James French

Thank you for listening!

SJF