This is a wiki post that collects web apps that are creative tools for making music, visual and other forms of art.
When adding new apps to this top post, please include the name, a link to the app, and a brief description as to what the app is for. If you created the web app, please feel free to include “created by @your_lines_username”.
If the web app is not free, or causes issues that you know about, it could be good to include that in the description.
Right now it’s just a simple bullet point list, but we can figure out more complex formatting and if it makes sense to add more detail (like if a particular web app outputs MIDI or something) once we get some items in here.
- Music Mouse - Emulation of Laurie Spiegel’s Music Mouse application by Tero Parviainen
- turtle.audio - Cartesian sequencing environment by Kyle Stetz
- slang - Runtime for a simple, JS-based audio programming language by Kyle Stetz
- Midifinity - Randomly parameterized poly synth
- WebSID - Emulation of the Commodore 64’s SID audio chip synthesis engine by Igor Zinken
- Efflux - Tracker by Igor Zinken
- DRIFT.FM - Ambient music generator by @crim
- beepbox.co – makes glitch beats
- Faust Playground and Web Editor – Run faust programs in the browser
- Pink Trombone - vocal tract synthesis app
- Hesperus - digital oscillation sequencer
- WAM synths - WASM-based emulations of OB-XA, DX7, and CZ101 by Jari Kleimola
- 100 Oscillator Synthesizer - Web Audio 100 oscillator synthesizer by Eric Wood, based on the analog version by Look Mum No Computer
- React-Cital Piano - tone.js-based keyboard with metronome and Christmas “sheet music” by @zfigz
- Tones.fm - bar-based step sequencer with community editing and charts
Visual creation apps: