What are you listening to?

1 Like

been immersed in this. the CD sounds fantastic

2 Likes

I really liked the video you posted last week, will be checking this out. Thanks!

1 Like

So good! really enjoying this one.

Daniel Thorne’s Lines of Sight is a revelation. Incredible record of saxophone and electronic minimalism.

4 Likes

Listening to the album. It’s beautiful. Thanks for the discovery.

Erased Tapes, of course.

1 Like

This whole album is pretty great but this piece (mostly Sanders) swept me away.

4 Likes

loved it.
bill laswell produces another great one.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever heard Klaus Wiese mentioned on lines or elsewhere. A new discovery for me, although I’ve known about Popol Vuh for years.

2 Likes

Fun process, fun result imo

Fourteen 45 Tails was created by recording the final downbeat of fourteen different 45 singles chosen at random from a stack I keep next to my workspace. Using my turntable’s pitch control to key-match, each of these fourteen record tails are looped on top of each other, with each layer having its own runtime. Because of their varied lengths, the loops interact differently with each repetition creating a feeling of density despite the fact that each individual loop consists mostly of space, and that space itself is the run out groove of each record. I used reverb to erode the distinction between the sounds in the middle third of the piece, and let the dry sounds gradually reappear in the final third. The goal was to create a feeling of movement from solidity to dissolution and back again.

Botany - Fourteen 45 Tails

3 Likes
2 Likes

IDM but sounds updated. Wild and icy ride.

3 Likes

Really enjoying this Moses Boyd album the last couple of days.

2 Likes

addicted to this video these days:

1 Like

1 Like

The way the Saxophone starts wailing after the poem, that is some powerful stuff…

3 Likes

This little jam could sound in a film noir inspired by literature.
I recently bought a synth pack for the Deluge and recorded this little jam in a park from Estepona (Spain). It was a very windy day and there were a few guys surfing in the beach.

lovely Lyra8 drones.