What are you listening to?

llllllll

Currently watching / listening to @fourhexagons’ MOTS set from Moogfest:

Thanks for sharing :raised_hands: and listening and watching ~

The air guitar part was so much fun to watch.

First listen, and I already have so many questions about the modular setup used on this album.

Are you certain he used modular?

I’ve been jamming some deep house music today. Every now and again I just love putting on stuff from Smallville Records or their imprint Fuck Reality I dunno, it’s all sort of samey in a way, but incredibly satisfying to listen to how people work within a very specific paradigm.

From the album description:

In a further step, each of the twelve collages controls a modular synthesizer via its amplitude and frequency. Supposedly defective speech acts conduct synthetic sounds and the speakers regain their composure – not via the spoken word, but through sound.

Cursed lack of reading comprehension. Doh! (I missed that when I scanned the Bandcamp description)

Thanks! :slight_smile:

found this gem on SC:

This badboy is apparently now a lawyer.

I’ve also been listening to the new Jon Hopkins album. It is wonderful.

This podcast interview with Jon is very interesting http://songexploder.net/jon-hopkins

sort of a relaxing and meditative take on tape (machine) music

Been listening to Endless a lot lately. FO is very very good.

Very dope idea. Love life of Pablo

I’ve been very intrigued by this album. This interview shares a little bit more on the process than the album description.

Zwischen is rather an archival work, though, and happened on two stages. The first stage was the archival part: researching for interview material, cutting out the silent moments and interviewee’s hesitations. This was done with the editing software Logic. The result were 12 voice collages, which strictly followed the nature of the interview material. Electronic sounds had been added to that on a second stage. Every individual voice conducted a synthesizer patch via amplitude and frequency, which was processed by a module from Analogue Systems. The processor’s algorithm shaped the tonal sequences and the form of every piece, so I saw myself in a rather observing than composing position, which was really relieving.

Lovely album, great interview! What a fascinating process. Interesting to think that he’s effectively sequencing his modular patch with an audio recording.