What are you listening to?

I thought it was out yesterday, on his birthday? (A friend sent me a link to the mp3s, I don’t know the provenance)

Anyone looking for the CD on Amazon UK has to wait until April.

1 Like

It’s on Apple Music now…

2 Likes

@Helen - thanks ! (I had also seen the Amazon release date !!! I’ll grab the flacs off bandcamp on friday - the snippets I’ve heard of it sound great !)

@eblomquist Ah - I dont use Apple Music ! (I euther buy CDs or download from bandcamp or occasionally the label !)

2 Likes

Same here. The mp3s my friend sent are more than enough to demonstrate I want this in higher (lossless) quality.

2 Likes

In no way advocating for Apple Music, but it does purport to provide lossless audio these days.

I mainly use it for convenience because it’s so well integrated with my iPhone, iPad and Mac…

I totally understand why folks might not want to use it…

3 Likes

Wow this is awesome! I saw him do a set at output about a year after he put out Inheritors, incredible stuff. Love his treatment of distortion and space. Curious what the rest of the record holds – Thanks for sharing!

I’ve been listening to a lot of Jackson Mac Low, a chance operation poet and composer who was a contemporary of Cage, really fun stuff:

3 Likes
2 Likes

It’s just amazing - really disturbing in a way (with the timing and mood changes in some of the songs) but really hypnotic and conjures amazing images - really really good…

2 Likes

Kalela pitching in to bring ambient jungle to the masses.

8 Likes

Here’s an epic (nearly 8 hours) mix of EBM/wave/weirdness in an 80s Chicago style by DJ Traxx:

5 Likes

was almost terrified to listen to this - Sakamoto is so special to me, and he’s been so candid about what this album deals with…but at so many points it is uplifting and hopeful and joyous! some of the most beautifully recorded piano i’ve heard, too.

5 Likes

“Sinter” by Arovane

4 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes

excellent drummer!

I’m old, but Rounds and Pause I prefer as albums, back when folktronica was a thing.

The Joy Orbison mix of Love Cry is the bomb.

2 Likes

Excellent collection of tracks by Darrell DeVore who was part of Pygmy Unit’s Signals From Earth, which was reissued late last year on Holidays Records for the first time. Perfect time to explore this corner of the lofi free improv / jazz / experimental universe.

2 Likes

I’ve kinda had this on repeat for a week:

It came onto my radar cuz of my recent YMO rabbit hole (loved them when I was young but didn’t know that much about their history - no web in the 80s!).

It’s a Haruomi Hosono solo project that came out right before the debut YMO record. Sakamoto is also on this release. It’s pretty wild and not something I’d expect in 1978. Cochin Moon - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Just enjoying an online acquaintances video again :slight_smile: We both have a love of archive.org material, he repurposes this stuff really well I think :slight_smile: I always enjoy a new Zeekat video.