What are you listening to?

llllllll

new earthly

and stevie wonder

Abul Mogard makes great music, thou story is fake(IMHO) :slight_smile:

Was a great performance. They’re truly a powerful trio. Högberg, a force majeure, bracing herself - playing with the whole of her body. :smiley:!

See them if you get the chance.

Great choice. I’ve been listening to his stuff for a bit now and every time I discover something new and wonderful. It’s breathtaking work.

I gotta admit, from iron works to dark ambient is a long shot. It being fake is believable.

Megan Alice Clune - new release of performances from the 2016 Next Wave festival. Incredibly dense ambient music that uses the reverb of the auditorium to build each 5 hour piece over 4 days.

Relating to the Immediate Surroundings of Something by Megan Alice Clune

Today is the first snow day in my city.
Like every year for more than 30 years I am listening to the amazing Rypdal/Vitous/DeJonette album, featuring “Den Forste Sne”:

I think I am in the same snowy city as @laborcamp. After a year in a tropical city I feel ill prepared for a MN winter. I took a cold wet walk this morning and after decided to warm up with some Hans Hotter.

and then found this video of Hotter singing with Thomas Quasthoff at age 82

Excited to see this come to my local record store–

An anthology of music in the spirit of John Hassell and Brian Eno’s Fourth World, Vol 1: Possible Musics.

Also excited for a re-issue of Fourth World, Vol. 2: Dream Theory in Malaya which was put out this year.

Eek! I should have known!

It’s not really about music, but I wrote a little bit about a musical event here: https://medium.com/music-thing-modular-notes/i-went-to-see-la-monte-young-playing-in-his-new-york-loft-and-you-should-do-the-same-8322c353d1d

New Colleen & Circuit des Yeux in the same month! Much joy :grinning:

Thank you for this lovely report!
It sounds like something I would like to be able to say that I did.
Your story will likely be the closest I will get to it though.

Something special

(Repeat x 4) Space is the place.

’if you really do try to discover what you might call the spiritual basis of your work, you’ll find that you have a lot more to do, rather than less to do -b.eno

I wonder whatever happened to the book he was working on at the time, it strikes me that the ebook format, kindle / iBook would be ideal for such a project these days

Quite lovely.

Dipping my toes in. 3 things have particularly charmed me this month:

1. Kelela’s new album Take Me Apart is wonderful R&B. Probably a bit poppier than the norm here but it’s charmed me for sure. The album is much more produced (and electronic) than this BBC1 session but most of the tracks are still subject to DMCA notices on youtube I guess.
  1. The Sea and Cake’s album Runner. One of their later albums and it doesn’t run together for me as much as some of their earlier stuff. Makes me want to go on a long drive to anywhere.
  1. Oneohtrix Point Never - Stress Waves. The last few weeks at work have been a little crazy with production issues and Oneohtrix’s more ambient work has been pretty soothing, especially this track…