What are you listening to?

llllllll

@wselman
If you like Richard’s music, I highly recommend this album featuring him on modular synth and Audrey Chen on vocals. It’s great listening.

@Tyresta’s Soundcloud stream:

What a lovely piece of music this is.

i hope this isn’t too pedestrian for this group, but i’m really liking the new Porches album:

Hit it right

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/22/578573392/first-listen-nils-frahm-all-melody
I’m currently listening to a pre-release stream of the new Nils Frahm record, which is sounding pretty great so far, so thought I’d share.

Currently listening to things I’ve discovered in the last few posts here, but before that…

and this:

Listening to Vainio/Noto/Ikeda’s Live 2002 and holy moly it’s the best thing I’ve heard in ages.

for the first time in years, The Fall. RIP.

Very sad news. First Ursula K. Le Guin, now Mark E. Smith

Currently listening to the first in what seems to be a series of several good releases of “Eliane Tapes”

This one is Kassel Jaeger inspired by Éliane Radigue.

Can’t go wrong with this one.

The beauty of the internet - I had no idea this was a thing, but as a huge fan of his work, I ordered immediately :slight_smile:

Had me at “inspired by Éliane Radigue.” Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Not part of the series, but another Radigue-inspired piece my friend Nicholas made a few years ago:

in the Speech vein, mostly Peter Yearsley / “Peter Why” on youtube / librivox

ach, that’s harsh

mr smith was a rare one, keeping us honest on a particular axis.

industrial estate

sack em all

A proper belter

yeah, me too (20 characters)

I don’t know how I went so long without hearing of Sparks, but they’re what I’m listening to right now. Some really good synth bits/hooks/arpeggios, which I’m definitely susceptible to.

you’re gonna want to check this out next then. (I love the moroder era but Kimono My House is my fave)