What's a good book for learning to speak Arduino?

I’d like to try learning to code for Arduino/Teensy.

Can anyone recommend some useful resources for this please? I’ve done some searching on Google but there are so many options it’s hard to know which are the good ones.

Ideally, I’d like a book as I learn better with one of those in front of me but online resources are fine too.

Thank you :slight_smile:

I started out with the Arduino Starter Kit, which comes with a book with about 15 practice projects to get the basics down. It’s very very beginner-friendly, so how useful it is will depend on what level you’re at with coding/electronics to begin with.

https://store.arduino.cc/usa/arduino-starter-kit

1 Like

@Kel @edbkt

Thanks for the recommendations. I’ll have a look.

I should have said in my first post. My programming experience is limited to just about finding my way round in Max. So, not much!

Massimo Banzi - one of the OG Arduino team - wrote Getting Started With Arduino which is very informal and starts literally from scratch. It’s into third edition now. That’s possibly a good starting point.

1 Like

Then I think the Starter Kit would probably be a good point to begin with. You get an Uno and some sensors/other electronic bits to get you going, so it’s a pretty good deal.

1 Like