Where am I?

Hi there
I definitely will have a bunch of questions. But first - and I don’t know in what category I’d have to write this - first let me tell you: I don’t really know where I am here. This is a place strange and familiar - and it attracts me instantly.
I got here by a search for complex live looping setups. To try to merge jazz and evolving electronica - that’s my intention. So it looks like I might stick around here.
Zsolt

30 Likes

Well, hello & welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where is here, and it’s the right place. Welcome!

4 Likes

hi

this is where i am most days too!

4 Likes

Welcome, we’ve been waiting for you to arrive. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

this place is familiar and strange

6 Likes

place = not (not familiar or not strange)

7 Likes

It only gets stranger and more familiar…

welcome!

7 Likes

You are in good company :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Put two ships in the open sea, without wind or tide, and, at last, they will come together. Throw two planets into space, and they will fall one on the other. Place two enemies in the midst of a crowd, and they will inevitably meet; it is a fatality, a question of time; that is all.

2 Likes

This place is linked to this place https://monome.org/
If you go there and click community you come here
I think there was a dig at this place from another place,
saying we put houseplants on our synths, or something
We weren’t offended
as long as you know this place isnt that place

9 Likes

This is really funny. I would love to read the source of this critique.

Welcome @Zsolt :v:

Edit: Found it. Sounds good to me

8 Likes

It’s burried in the, now locked thread, MW’s future

and embraced in the Looking to join a decorative Houseplant ensemble thread

4 Likes

Having recently joined I would add that this place is a lot more inviting and seemingly a bit less consumeristic, or at least more focused on art creation.

3 Likes

A question I’ve often asked myself :upside_down_face:
(I meant that just generally)
This place is just a treasure

1 Like

Come for the Monome, stay for the birding/coffee/hot sauce talk, and good vibe.

5 Likes

Hi y’all

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
I noticed that we are related to monome.
But there are so many topics in the categories …
I’d like to see and hear what you all are doing. And I have questions related to what I myself am doing.
I certainly will go over to the MPC thread that I already discovered. But mainly I’d need some support related to equipment, because I want to rethink my little studio from scratch. I am more a musician than a tech guy - and I have little experience. I wonder if some of you would be willing to assist and to get along with silly newbie questions as well as ambitious intentions.

You probably already noticed, that my language is somewhat wonky. I am quite fluent in English but obviously it is not my native tongue. Please bear with me.

Zsolt

7 Likes

Are you Hungarian?

My wife is of Hungarian descent and her first cousin was named Zsolti.

Lovely country!

4 Likes

Check the “Tiny Studio” thread and/or threads for different gear you have specific questions about and you’ll be good. Take your time and dig around.

For the kinds of things we do check the various “releases” threads and the category of the same name.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

And if you want to see the care we take for each other, check the “what are you struggling with?” thread.

This is a very special place.

Welcome.

4 Likes