Who can draw me some 1-bit turtle sprites?

While adding the Turtle feature, @sam suggested that we replaced the @ sprite with a turtle sprite. After seeing the 5-pixel-wide @ in the teletype font, I’m inclined to agree. It’s packed to the edges and hollow in the middle so it looks clunky.

I’d love to see a nice-looking turtle sprite to replace it (5x6), as well as a 6x6 sprite for use on the Tracker screen, but alas, I am no artist. I’m just the programmer who knows to to poke the sprite in.

Is anyone up to the task?

1 Like

I can say with high confidence that it will be a rare icon artist that could pull that off.

I’m sure the community is filled with rare individuals. Let’s hope one of them has a hand as an icon artist. :slight_smile:

I could do it in about 12x7

There are 2^30 possible 5x6 1-bit sprites. One of them looks the most like a turtle.

It would make for a very easy introduction to machine learning, actually.

Sounds like you’re on your way. Good luck!

1 Like

I didn’t mean that I had the time to actually do that. :slight_smile:
Thanks for your input.

Here’s my humble attempt. The bitmap is 6x6, but the bottom line is empty. I suppose it will be a rotated turtle on the syntax screen:

turtle5x6

2 Likes

I think the above one would work for the tracker. This is a minified turtle for the syntax screen:
turtleSyntax

34 PM

here’s a lil turtie

5 Likes

Those

Those look neat and work well for a profile view! I was thinking that a top-down view would be good for the square one, so I can point him around on the tracker screen to show his heading. Edit: oh you said that already. Mea culpa!

That looks good!