I’ve just released a collection of eleven melodic ambient and techno-ish pieces that I’ve made over the last year and half. All of the tracks are recorded as single, live takes and most feature a 104hp rack of Monome and Mannequins modules, which I have found incredibly inspiring over the last 12 months or so.
Below is a brief, track-by-track description of the album. If any of it sounds like something you might enjoy please grab a copy via the Bandcamp link below (it’s available for free / pay what you like).
I’ve also made videos of the performances for each of the track in this YouTube playlist.
Thanks for your interest and enjoy!
Wind Wound Close
- Just: Mellow, generative, just intoned melodies made by independently cycling the numerator and denominator of the interval through some simple values.
- Rise and Fall: An exercise in atmosphere building around a simple, repeating melody.
- Transport: Delay- and reverb-drenched, shoe-gazing synth lines fill some space for a while then leave.
- Transcience: Laid back, low tempo, acid-tinged techno jam.
- Polyminimal: Quiet, slow-building, minimal techno piece with glittering arpeggios.
- Surface Tension: Dark, cinematic, trembling synths.
- Genus One: Upbeat but relaxed. A straight-ahead techno jam.
- It’s Not What It’s Not: Some deep, dub-techno inspired fun.
- Carousel: Bobbing and weaving melodic lines over a bed of pads.
- Entanglement: Some cheery, bright, broken chords float above some driving bass and drums.
- Self, Corrected: Subdued, generative melodic lines over some deep, rich, improvised bass.