I made XT-2 inspired by Teenage Engineering TX-6.
- Only 2 channel, Stereo Line-in or two mono line-ins
- Stereo Line-out
- TRS MIDI-in, for control the mixer or other parameters
- Headphone out w/ volume control
- even more small than TX-6
- used Teensy 3.6 + Audio Shield so, all custom programmable
- CD quality
- 2 channel audio interface, for video recording with line-in to iphone
- microphone included
- any other function could be added e.g. drum, recording to sdcard, effector, sampler, so on.
- inside can be looked, used miniDV case
- it could be opened, open-source
Actually I used the Behringer UCA202 for record the sound from modular and synth. But not satisfied with it, so made this and happy with CD quality and hackable thing.
In demo, Kastl Drum is sound source and also control the XT-2 via VCMC. Though not yet implemented, it has also pink noise and hires sine wave. I will hack this if other features needed.