Your iOS arsenal

AUM with AUv3 plugins

2 Likes

So after this, I sent over a message to Goodhertz asking if they have any plans for adding AUv3 support and joining the App Store. I got a lovely reply from Devin Kerr, in which he said it is something the team has previously discussed and he asked for some examples of plugins on the App Store that are done particularly well.

So if there’s anyone else who would love to see Goodhertz plugins running on an iPad, it could be worth letting them know too :slightly_smiling_face:

support@goodhertz.com

3 Likes

Ah, that’s great. I will compose an email. Ultimately I think their layout and approach would lend itself perfectly to iOS though. In terms of products in a similar field to theirs I’ll probably mention things like Klevgrand and FAC, Audio Damage too. Toneboosters and Woodman plugins are great quality but not always the easiest layout for universal uses (my iPhone 6 makes the more in-depth functions somewhat tricky to navigate at times). What did you highlight?

2 Likes

I totally agree. I highlighted a lot of the plugins from this thread – Klevgrand, Audio Damage, Imaginado’s K7 Tape Delay and the Fabfilter ones too.

I think Goodhertz design and UX is excellent, I could totally see it working great on iOS/iPadOS.

2 Likes

Great shouts. I’ve not invested in the Fabfilter plugins yet, despite their obvious quality. Before they dropped I picked out alternatives of most of their range and I have to say I’m pretty impressed with those for now. Is iOS GAS a thing, though? I have iOS GAS for Fabfilters!

3 Likes

Digital and app hoarding is 100% a thing. And now that I’ve gotten more in to this world with Samplr and more, I’m seeing why this tool is so dang valuable!!!

And remember; this next app might be the one that changes everything!

1 Like

Or, this next app might be the one that, in changing nothing, changes everything! :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Samplr is one I don’t have (yet!) because I currently use iOS apps mostly on my iPhone when I’m out of the house.

Until you master your rage, rage will be your master :wink:

1 Like

My go to for out of the house (besides my OPZ) is Gadget 2. I just use it to make 90’s house type stuff. Make tracks that sound like menu music from an imaginary early generation Dreamcast racing game. :racing_car:

8 Likes

My god I know exactly what this is

4 Likes

When I’m waiting for the kids at their various out of school clubs I’ve become obsessed with using Fugue Machine with one of a handful of synths to make generative ambient textures through AUM. I send the synth output to multiple channels and effect each of them in different ways then just kind have them as a kind of soundbed.

7 Likes

Check out Xynthesizr also, if you haven’t yet. Also, nobody seems to talk about Quincy anymore, but I still like it for Game of Life aleatory goodness. Xynthesizr also has built in G.o.L. capabilities and it lets you draw a box around the area of the keyboard you want to affect, which is tight.

2 Likes

Xynthesizr is a great call! I’d almost forgotten I had it until earlier this evening when I had a look in my IAA plugins instead of my usual AUv3 go-tos.

1 Like

I would suggest getting (on the ipad, of course, sorry!) the Borderlands Granular. If you have these Fugue Machine sound scapes, they would be perfectly matched for this app. If you don’t have it, it basically allows you to layer multiple samples on to a physical play space, then you can tap and drag a small circle that will sample and granulize what it rests over. The rub is that you can layer these samples like a bad Kodak advertisement/collage. It ends up mixing them together it a beautiful drone style. If you have enough of these samples, you can create some rhythmically and texturally next level stuff!

3 Likes

I do! It’s absolutely gorgeous! I am in love with the textures of it and it’s absolutely one of my favourite apps (and a most singular one). I tried to describe the effect to a friend of mine who didn’t know it and the best I came up with were synonyms of smear and smudge!

1 Like

Fugue Machine is an absolute joy.

Here’s a question I’ve been meaning to ask in here for a while. Before I sold my MacBook, I was using some of wonderful pianos available on Kontakt. Are there any pianos on the App Store? Besides the ones included in GarageBand.

1 Like

I like the Ravenscroft 275 piano. It’s obviously not up to the par of the Native Instruments Kontakt instruments but it’s good enough

2 Likes

I haven’t used it but there is a Korg piano the has good reviews…

1 Like

On the electric piano side, I’m partial to Tines.

1 Like

Ravenscroft 275 looks like the best option, although I’m wary of paying for an app that hasn’t seen an update in 9 months.