Your iOS arsenal

Model 15 for free is wild. TBH I’ve barely scratched the surface of its potential, but it’s honestly worth having just for the 907 Fixed Filter Bank and 904A LP filter. Secret sauce for passing all kinds of outside sound sources through.

5 Likes

For the model 15, is it correct to say that the in-app purchases are all patches? That is, if you have the base app, you have access to all of the available modules?

1 Like

20 characters of correct!!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

Just wanted to note that Animoog, though old, is still a stone-cold iOS classic. I have a ton of patches which began with the randomizer (an under-used feature, I think) and ended up sounding like strange audio gold.

5 Likes

On a side note: the Animoog keyboard is my absolute favourite on iOS. The IAP that unlocks it to be used with other apps is well worth the investment,(in my opinion).

2 Likes

Totally agree. I pray to Bob they release a stand alone version. It’s so good.

1 Like

been using (and loving ) animoog for years and never noticed this festure!!! thanks for heads up

2 Likes

That be absolutely incredible!

unreal these are all free, intuited/learned so much about synthesis from my hours in model 15. preemptive “sorry you missed it” to those in the future who are reading the thread after this is over.

5 Likes

Still free! Thanks for the tip @petesasqwax !

1 Like

Are there any iOS apps dedicated to glitching/corrupting live and/or recorded audio? A cursory search of the app store revealed an app called glitchcore, which is intriguing and I would like to hear others’ experiences with it, but I’m wondering if there are any others.

1 Like

Glitchcore is insane.

It needs to run inside of Aum or another AU host.

It also works on live input…

Definitely check it out, I love it :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Thank you! I definitely will

Looperator is madness

2 Likes

Reporting back on my iPad audio interface quest, I ended up buying an Apple 30 pin to Lightning adapter so I could use my old Alesis IO Dock.

What can I say, it’s rock-solid, charges the iPad, has DIN MIDI, sounds decent. All the other options seemed either too complicated to integrate, too flakey in performance, or too pricey.

I did the USB hub mod a while ago which I use for expansion with an ESI MidiMate eX (SysEx support, yay!), Mutable CVpal, and a Roli Seaboard Block.

I never liked the IO Dock’s sliding mechanism and it didn’t fit the new iPad anyway, so I replaced it with a wooden panel. Messy wood work as usual, but I actually prefer the looks over the original cheap plastic.

I can only recommend getting one of these, especially if you also do the USB hub mod. Used prices are low and it can easily be modded to fit different enclosures, too.

17 Likes

I like the USB hub mod a lot! I have a Focusrite iTrack Dock and an Alesis ioDock and it’s always been a point of irritation that neither have a powered USB hub, therefore necessitating either more cabling and another PSU or another device e.g. the Novation AudioHub.

2 Likes

€100 isn’t the price of the UR44 but that’s got everything else that you want.

1 Like

Thanks, it looks good but yeah, more than I want to spend. Gladly the IO Dock works perfectly with the adapter so I’ll just run with it (see above).

Yeah you’ve got me wanting an Alessis dock now!

1 Like

For anyone interested in a mechanical keyboard (that’s not a boutique board) which works with PC, Mac, iOS, Linux tea there or wirelessly I can recommend Keytron. They have several models and hot swappable keys for a custom feel.

2 Likes